WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th July 2009.
Present: Kevin Bradshaw, Robert Davidson, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Jinny Gale, Nicky Ellis, Frances Fergus, Kevin Bentley and 2 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Jane Banks
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed by the chairman
Borough Councillors: Bellwood’s last application will soon be determined and if refused we are advised that a notice to leave in 28 days will be served followed by prosecution.
The Abberton Reservoir Liaison Group has met and a transport plan has yet to be drawn up, also the proposed educational area needs to be discussed. All compulsory purchase orders have been served and a group for determining the grant money will be formed.
Some pot holes in Salcott Street have yet to be filled and this will be followed up, also the fact that documents from CBC are now coming to us that are only on line and rather big to download.
Public-Have Your Say – a request was made for work promised by ECC to be chased up with regard to flooding at Salcott crossroads and the clerk will do this.
Declarations of Interest – none.
- Archie’s retirement – enormous thanks and a presentation were given to Archie for all his good work over many years. No one, as yet, has come forward to help fill the gap.
- CALC (Colchester Association of Local Councils) meeting was attended. A quote from Aon Insurance will be sought, access to National Association of Local Councils website will be obtained and our views on hospital car parking will be expressed to CALC to take forward. CBC are conducting a review of footpaths at present. It was felt that we should continue to be members.
- Freedom of Information – course was attended and proved to be informative. If we have it, ie. information, correspondence, etc. it should be included. Certain documents should be kept for different lengths of time. Our Communication Committee will sort things out accordingly and come back to a parish council meeting at a later date.
- Standing Orders – Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed to accept as written the small amendments made to ours and presented to us previously.
- The Way We Work – due to cheques being temporarily mislaid it was agree all monies paid out should be from the clerk to the recipient directly.
- RCCE – Nicky proposed, Robert seconded and all agreed to continue with our membership at a cost of £55. It is proving to be invaluable with regard to our completion of a Village Design Statement.
- Quotations re Moss Hay footpath renovation need to be written out explaining the job exactly. These will be requested and a decision will be made in August as this work needs to be carried out during the summer months.
- Planning Training – 6 places have been booked for us to attend a session in the Town Hall in August.
- Wigborough Village Hall – deferred to next month.
- Abbotts Hall meeting – not attended.
- Abberton Reservoir Liaison Group meeting – as above.
- VDS – evaluation of questionnaires is being processed.
- Playgrounds – new equipment for Peldon was again discussed and the VDS questionnaire results will hopefully tell us how much use this play area gets as a new alternative quote was still quite a lot of money. The multiplay piece of equipment needs attention sooner rather than later and will be done when a new maintenance man can be found. We will write to Cory Environmental Trust to ask if we can still have the grant awarded to us even with a much smaller scheme as other funding is not materialising.
- Salcott crossroads accident was discussed and as this is an ECC Highways matter we will write to John Jowers to take it up. We have many times before asked for speed reducing measures here but they have always been turned down. The clerk will write to Mrs Whybrow explaining this.
101490 St Mary the Virgin Peldon – extra copies of gold edition mag £100.00
101491 CBC – VDS questionnaire freepost envelopes £47.76
101492 Keith Banks – 4 x grass cuts at Moss Hay £160.00
101493 Archie Moore – play insp and maintenance £35.00
101494 R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for July £350.02
101495 Peldon Village Hall – hire £94.00
101496 T Hedger – trimming of Salcott meadow roadside hedge £45.00
101497 T Simmons – 2 x grass cuts of Salcott meadow and play insp £105.00
101498 RCCE – annual subs £55.00
The next meeting will be at Salcott Village Hall on Tues 8th September 09 at 7.30pm.