WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th October 2009.
Present: Nicky Ellis, Phil Gladwin, Jinny Gale, Jane Banks, Frances Fergus, Lynne Simmons, Robert Davidson, Kevin Bradshaw, Kevin Bentley, Moira Groborz from Rural Community Council of Essex and 9 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Sam Knill Jones
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed by the chairman
Borough Councillors: Bellwood resident has now signed the agreement which gives him 42 days from the date of a failed appeal if lodged by him on the refusal of the last planning application made.
Abberton Reservoir Liaison Group met and everything is going to plan so far. A Traffic Management Plan has yet to be devised and is very important for all the local villages.
The spending of the £150,000 that will be available for projects to affected areas by the expansion and works involved will be decided by a designated committee but kept by CBC.
County Councillor: £400,000 has been lent to small businesses to help them through this recession. Quite a number of previously closed post offices are being reopened. Apprenticeships for 16 year olds are being supported and encouraged.
Public-Have Your Say: Moss Hay was mentioned but was to be discussed later in the meeting. Certain areas of poor road surfacing and Peldon play area gate will be dealt with. Parking opposite The Old Rectory in Peldon has been noted and will be monitored for when the builders have finished the work there. Flooding at Salcott crossroads was brought up again but we explained that appropriate correspondence has been sent and we can do no more at present.
Declarations of Interest: None
Items for Discussion
- Rural Housing presentation on affordable housing was given explaining the need for this type of housing, shared ownership details and the procedure etc. The right to buy at a later date is not an option. There are a number of criteria to decide who is top of the list to have one of these houses but the first stage for us would be to establish a local need. Questions and answers followed. The site put forward by Colne Valley Housing Association is on the old garage site in Peldon behind the houses that already have planning permission but are not built as yet.
- Hall Barn, Mersea Road, Peldon planning application was explained by the new owners. Many surveys have been carried out including one for bats which concluded that there are no bats actually living in the property to be demolished and bat boxes will be put on the site. The house itself is in a fairly poor state of repair and was probably not built in the design one might associate with this type of property.
- The Way We Work – emails between parish councillors are not secret so partners seeing them is not a problem. Loose ends to tie up from previous meetings needs to be done. The condition of the footpath next to Hosplant in St Ives Road, Peldon will be looked into, curb side sweeping list will be circulated, overhanging growth at Kings Head corner has been dealt with. Natural England will be contacted with regard to the bats in St Ives woodland and we have written to ask for proper control when the next phase of thinning in this wood is done. We have been assured that the trees to receive attention will be marked.
- Abberton Expansion Reservoir Liaison Group meeting report as above. Abbotts Hall meeting was attended. The roadside ditch as been sorted. Grant applications have been lost which is money that would have paid for the community centre. the
- CALC (Colchester Association of Local Councils) meeting – we requested that training courses be given locally as the majority are at Great Dunmow where EALC (Essex Association of Local Councils) have their offices.
- CBC Draft Equality Scheme – a response from us was deemed unnecessary as there is little change with this.
- Moss Hay footpath – quotes are to be chased up, pole to be postponed to next meeting and new or repairs to the goalposts was discussed and it was decided that repairing would be adequate.
- BTCV meeting at Moss Hay took place with their representative to discuss suitable works to be carried out that would improve the perimeter with regard to brambles etc. There is metal and rubber rubbish to be removed and a couple of dead trees to be felled and then BTCV will bring a work party along, probably in February, to tackle this job. Local people can join the work party but must say before so that insurance can be updated. We requested that Sparklers have an out of season bonfire to burn any garden rubbish that is on the field now and then we will request that near by home owners do not use the field for their garden rubbish in future.
- Peldon play equipment – we have received conformation that we can use grant money for repair work so will agree an amount at the next meeting. The play area will remain closed until the work has been done. We now have a replacement monthly inspection person. The basket ball area has had minor repair work to it but needs more attention.
- Decision on our insurance will be made next month when everyone has had a chance to look at the facts and figures properly.
- Wigborough Village Hall – notice for residents has been devised, printing and distribution to all Wigborough residents will follow shortly. This is to ask for volunteers to become trustees.
- Bellwood – as above, also the over zealous hedge cutting will be looked into.
091143 Proposal: Rear extension to existing property , demolish existing utility and dining area to side elevation (east), also garage and out building to west side of property. Demolish 2 no. garages and re-build double carport at Waterways, Mersea Road, Peldon
091240 Proposal: Replacement dwelling at Hall Barn, Peldon Road, Abberton
091264 Proposal: Listed building application for refurbishment/re-cladding of existing barn, insertion of new glazed screens and doors and construction of new shower room. Stripping of existing roof coverings and re-covering with clay plain tiles at Moulsham Manor, St Stephens Lane, Great Wigborough
091285 Proposal: New conservatory at Strood Cottage, The Strood, Peldon
091245 Proposal: Conservation woodland and meadow with support facilities at Bellwood, Colchester Road, Great Wigborough
Notice of Planning Decisions:
091076 Proposal: Removal of condition 2 of 081888 at Peldon Old Rectory, Church Road, Peldon – Permission Granted
FUL/MAL/09/00486 Change of use of land to form showman’s quarters at Restawyle, Barnhall Road, Tolleshunt Knights
101504 Terry Hedger – Salcott meadow roadside hedge trim £25.00
101505 R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for October 09 £350.02
101506 Keith Banks – 4 x grass cuts at Moss Hay £160.00
101507 T Simmons – grass cut, play insp. field and play area gates mended £264.52
The next meeting will be at Salcott Village Hall on Tues 10th November 09 at 7.30pm.