WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 12th July 2011.
Present: Les Lapwood, Charles Dymond, Nicky Ellis, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Kevin Bentley and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Jane Banks, John Walker, Jinny Gale, Andrew Ellis
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the vice-chairman
Borough Councillors: Our long awaited ‘Flood Summit’ meeting had been held prior to this meeting with several of us, other parish council representatives and CBC Officers attending to discuss all the flooding issues in this area but particularly in Salcott. A plan of action was drawn up with the first stage of a drive round of the CBC Engineer and Officers to the bad flooding places meeting up with parish councillors for each place. This is to take place in the next few weeks. CBC will visit land/home owners to advise people of their responsibility to have clear drainage and ditches in front of their properties. The meeting was deemed a success with a positive attitude from all to sort out these long standing problem areas.
We have a new CBC ‘Zone Manager’ (we are Zone 1) who will be dealing with various problems that we may have and can be the first port of call in many instances.
Cards were delivered to all households to inform of a different refuse collection day and hopefully any problems will be rectified soon. Colchester Recycling Centres opening times have been slightly reduced due to less use because of successfully kerbside recycling collecting.
Public-Have Your Say –A 30mph limit was requested for Salcott crossroads but this has been explored many times with ECC Highways and the reasons why we have been unsuccessful were explained again.
The road edges have been falling apart and in many places there is a considerable drop. Any particular places noted can be reported to a Borough Councillor, a Parish Councillor or the Clerk for forwarding for repairs.
Declarations of Interest – None
1. Reports from Parish Councillors – Accounts and finances will have the addition of a spreadsheet giving more detail. With regard to communications the Gold Addition magazine has been or will be delivered to every household in our villages. This special edition is sponsored by the Parish Council and the Five Parishes Show.
2. Training – was discussed and some councillors would benefit from training in certain areas and so they will try to attend appropriate courses. In-house courses were thought to be far too expensive and not justifiable.
3. Salcott Meadow/Creek – reports from CBC Health and Safety Adviser and HM Inspector of Health and Safety were read out explaining that fencing along the creek is not good practice. Further reports are expected from RoSPA and Anglia Inspection Services. We will then draw a conclusive decision to this enquiry.
4. Police – report that no crimes have been committed in our villages in the last few weeks or so.
5. Playgrounds and Salcott meadow grass cutting – Peldon playground is being maintained to a very high standard. Salcott playground is closed at present while painting of the equipment is being carried out. New swing seats have been bought and will be fitted, the weeds addressed, fence secured, gate mended and the price of play bark will be investigated. The grass will be cut when it is considered to be necessary.
6. Declaration of Acceptance of Office book – deferred to next month as we are seeking a price to extend the life of the old book as an alternative to buying a new one.
7. Rural Community Council of Essex – yearly membership of £55 – Nicky proposed, Phil seconded and all agreed for us to renew this subscription for at least this next year as it has proved helpful with the work in completing the Village Design Statement.
8. Bus stop at Peldon – a discussion of the positioning of a possible new shelter at Malting Road has taken place with ECC. This project could possibly include a new shelter at Salcott crossroads. Phil proposed, Charles seconded and all agreed for this to proceed with the clerk to make further enquiries including contacting CBC with regard to the necessary groundwork.
9. Wigboroughs Village Hall – all money held on their behalf has been forwarded to them as they now have their own bank account. This subject will now only be on our agenda if there is some major development to report.
10. Abberton Reservoir Liaison Meeting – was attended and work continues well and to timetable. Birds are still coming and seem to be generally undeterred by the works. Some more of the Community Fund has now been allocated to Layer de la Haye for their village hall car park and field entrance, both for safety issues.
11. Spending – some retrospectively – Phil proposed, Les seconded and all agreed for the agreed inter meeting spending of certain items thought necessary for matters of some urgency. A core number of councillors were consulted on this spending. It was decided that no change was necessary to the way we normally agree mid-meeting spending.
12. Actions and Reminders List – was updated
111082 Proposal: Removal of existing conservatory and replace with extension to existing kitchen. Side extension to include new side entrance and boot room. Replacement of existing windows to part north elevation. Erection of new rear all glass extension at New Hall, Copt Lane, Little Wigborough
111083 Proposal: Listed building application as above
111119 Proposal: Omission of previously approved conservatory (ref F/COL/07/0072) and replace with single storey rear/side extension
111120 Proposal: Listed building application as above
111074 Proposal: Agricultural building to store hay crop produced by the farm at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
Notice of Planning Decisions:
110636 Proposal: Erection of 50cm freesat dish on chimney facing east, top to be less than 60cm above ridge of roof. Resubmission of 110185 at Sampton Wick Wigborough Road, Peldon – Permission Granted
110997 Additional dormer windows and amended chimney breast and stack design to existing approved extension to dwelling at Fourways, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Permission Granted
101611 – St Mary’s the Virgin, Peldon PCC – churchyard upkeep £200.00
101612 – Gt & Lt Wigborough PCC – churchyards upkeep £400.00
101613 – Salcott PCC – churchyard upkeep £200.00
101614 – Gt & Lt Wigborough Village Hall – remainder of grant £4635.63
101615 – R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for July £353.53
101616 – G B Sport & Leisure – swing seats £82.80
101617 – Barry Gooding – play insp. x 3 £90.00
101618 – Keith Banks – Moss Hay grass cuts x 4 £160.00
101619 – Rural Community Council of Essex – annual subs £55.00
The next meeting will be held at Salcott Village Hall on Tues 13th September 2011 at 7.30pm