Supporting the local community
News by Subject
Essex-&-Suffolk-Water With thanks to Essex & Suffolk Water for funding support of this website through the Abberton Reservoir Community Fund.

PC Minutes 13th September 2011

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th September 2011.

Present: Jane Banks, John Walker, Netty Knill-Jones, Nicky Ellis, Jinny Gale, Charles Dymond, Phil Gladwin and 3 members of the public

Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis, Les Lapwood, Lynne Simmons

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Borough Councillors: Their report encouraged us, along with all parish and town councils, to write strongly expressing our objections to CBC’s intention to withdraw the grant funding.  Andrew will give us examples of other responses. We will, however, supply them with a copy of our accounts/finances for the last financial year as requested as these are open for anyone to view anyway.

Following the Flood Summit meeting that took place the drive-round to the problem areas will take place soon. We urged for this to be sooner rather than later as winter is approaching fast.

The bulk salt scheme (item 9) has worked well when piloted by ECC.

Public-Have Your Say: Concern was expressed about people living in caravans in this area at this worrying time of increasing numbers of caravans on any one site.  This will be looked into.

Geese from a property at Salcott have been coming onto Salcott meadow rather a lot and making a mess, so the owner of these geese will be written to requesting that he keeps them on his own property.

The goal posts on Salcott meadow need painting and so Terry will do this job.

The owner of the old garage site at Peldon will be sort to request cutting back of the hedge on the corner as it is becoming a danger to road users.

Declarations of Interest: None

1. Withdrawal of Revenue Grant Funding by CBC – the meeting held at Messing to discuss this matter with Tina Dopson, the CBC councillor who has put this idea forward, was attended by us and many other parish councils and our borough councillors and just magnified that all parish councils are of one mind on this and are thoroughly outraged with this proposal.  It was apparent that Tina Dopson had absolutely no idea about what parish councils do and how they go about their business. A working party of parish councillors and borough councillors has been set up to discuss with Tina Dopson the matter further. We will be writing a very strong felt letter to CBC and will invite Tina Dopson to attend one of our meetings.

    2. Playgrounds – Terry has completed a good job of painting the equipment, mending the fence and nearly all the other outstanding work. A top-up of bark surfacing is required so to help us decide whether to buy play bark or an alternative product of rubber clippings some of us will pay a visit to Boxted playground where they have the latter. Phil proposed, John seconded and all agreed to buy which ever is the preferred product as prices are very similar.

    Peldon playground is in good order.  We have received a request for certain additions of equipment on Moss Hay as there are several older children there now. Unfortunately nets for the goal posts get stolen or damaged very quickly, roundabouts are no longer allowed due to Health & Safety legislation.  We will look into the cost of bike ramps but fear these are very costly particularly in these hard times.

    3. Salcott Meadow/Creek and Grass Cutting – as we are still waiting for a ‘water risk assessment report’ from RoSPA to complete our requested information it was decided to suspend this matter until we have that report.

      Grass cutting will be carried out when it is needed bearing in mind that our funds require constant monitoring.

      4. Police – reporting very little crime in our villages but reminding people to report suspicious vehicles with registration details as catalytic converters and diesel thefts continue to occur in rural area.

        5. Broadband Conference – being mainly a commercial exercise was very well attended and various ways for everyone to receive a better broadband signal was discussed at length.  BT will be contacted about updating exchanges and copper wiring capability.

        6. Declaration of Acceptance of Office book – John now has the old book which is full and will take it to a book binder to find out the cost of rebinding with additional pages. So next month’s agenda for a decision.

          7. Polling Station Review – CBC review polling station sites every 4 years. As the Great Wigborough site is the village hall car park and this site is being dealt with now we will reply to CBC with suggested wording as for its availability from the Rector who is on the committee for the village hall.

          8. Bus stop at Peldon and Wigborough Notice Board – we await decisions on the bus shelters from CBC and ECC.

            Great Wigborough notice board has come adrift in the last stormy weather and is being looked at for repair and refixing.

            9. CBC’s offer of a tonne of salt for this winter – we will enquire as to whether, if we agree to this scheme, that this would be the total amount we receive instead of the usual fill up to start the winter with or if it is an amount to follow up with.  If we do agree to this we have a storage place offered and distribution will be carefully monitored for fairness and is strictly for highway use only.

              10. Abberton Reservoir – equestrian rides and footpaths will be completed at the end of the programme.

                Abbotts Hall – have submitted a planning application for meeting rooms that could have possibly been of use to us if it weren’t for security on the site.

                11. CBC Homefinder Scheme – after careful consideration it was felt that we should leave advertising a scheme of this nature to CBC.

                  12. Agree leave of absence for Les – it was agreed that Les should be excused from duties for the foreseeable future and hopefully return in a while.  We will review the situation around Christmas time.  Charles and Netty will oversee the playground.

                  13. The Way We Work – we clarified that Jane would oversee training and our Emergency Plan, John would deal with the website and a more detailed spreadsheet will be carried out to explain the finances more easily.

                    14. Actions and Reminders List – updated

                    Planning:

                    111367 Proposal: Insertion of new staircase ground to first floor, also first to second floor inclusive by way of amendment to staircase location as previously approved under reference LB/COL/03/0426 at Seaborough House, Great Wigborough

                    111495 Proposal: Proposed extensions and alterations to existing dwelling at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott

                    111602 Proposal: Conversion of an existing, redundant pool house to create new meeting rooms. Demolition of an existing storage building. Construction of two extensions to accommodate kitchen, cloak and toilet facilities associated with the proposed meeting room at Abbotts Hall Farm, Maldon Road, Great Wigborough

                    Notice of Planning Decisions:

                    110912 Proposal: Extension to provide accommodation for dependent relative at Lovedowns Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Permission Refused

                    111082 Proposal: Removal of existing conservatory and replace with an extension to existing kitchen. Side extension involving the removal of a window to the existing toilet and associated wall to form new side entrance and boot room. Replacement of existing windows to part north elevation with new timber windows. Erection of new rear all glass extension and forming door opening thereto at New Hall, Cop Hall Lane, Little Wigborough – Permission Granted

                    111083 Proposal: Listed Building application for above – Permission Consented

                    A1530/A/11/2154584/NWF Appeal against CBC for planning conditions for application- Proposal: Reallocation of land uses (residential/equestrian purposes), and upgrade of existing access to unclassified road and erection of equine and cart store at Fourways Farm, Salcott

                    Finances:

                    101620 – Playsafety Ltd. – RoSPA inspection and report                                         £252.00

                    101621 – Anglia Inspection Services – inspection and report                                      £60.00

                    101622 – Peldon Village Hall – hire                                                                          £94.00

                    101623 – St Mary the Virgin Peldon – Gold addition of mag                                      £100.00

                    101624 – R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for Aug and Sept                                                 £707.06

                    101625 – T Simmons – painting, repairs, fence posts & paint, hedge, insp                  £664.51

                    The next meeting will be held at Peldon Village Hall on Tues 11th October 2011 at 7.30pm

                    Share