Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th October 2011.
Present: Phil Gladwin, Jinny Gale, Jane Banks, Charles Dymond, Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, John Walker, Terry Sutton and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Les Lapwood, Nicky Ellis, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Borough Councillors: We were urged to reply to CBC expressing strongly our disapproval of their intention to withdraw the Revenue Grant which we are in the process of doing. We were also urged to agree to receive the bulk load of salt from ECC for our own distribution for icy roads during this winter which we have done.
Public-Have Your Say: Several residents in Peldon had received a letter from ECC telling them to remove large stones placed on or near their front boundaries. The writer of these letters will be approached by Borough Councillor, Terry Sutton for further explanation as some of these stones have been in position for many years even up to forty years and are put there to protect the properties from lorries etc.
Some time ago the bus stop at the junction of St Ives Hill and Malting Road was requested to be moved along the road a little way to avoid a large puddle. This is still being dealt with and hopefully a conclusion will be reached before too long.
Declarations of Interest – None
1. Playgrounds – a visit was made to Boxted playground to look at rubber clippings there with a possible view to having them at Salcott. The general feeling was that this is a good product but that all the old bark would have to be removed first and therefore a fairly large quantity of the rubber would be required. All aspects of this will be further investigated with regard to quantity needed for the necessary depth and the cost. The gate spring at Salcott will be mended shortly.
Peldon is in good condition. A request for a bike/skate ramp was discussed but considered far too expensive for these worrying times of cut backs.
2. Salcott Meadow/Creek – unfortunately we are still waiting for a ‘Water Report’ from RoSPA to make our decision with regard to the request to fence off the creek.
3. Police – minor thefts are the only crimes reported in our villages. A reminder that metal, catalytic converters and diesel are still popular for thieves.
4. Broadband update – BT has no plans to update the Peldon exchange at present. More ideas for improvement to our broadband speed will be further explored.
5. Declaration of Acceptance of Office Book – Phil proposed, Lynne seconded and all agreed to have our old book rebound to include new pages if the cost can be matched to that of a completely new book of £105. It was also agreed that this book was a necessary record of past parish councillors dating back to 1972.
6. Greener Parishes Scheme – taking part in this scheme 2 or 3 trees for planting on Salcott meadow may be obtained at no cost to the parish council.
7. Essex Wildlife Meeting – was attended by our representative. A meeting room there is likely to be made available for hire and local use would be welcomed. Blackthorn bushes are being planted and an application to resume wildfowling is still being considered.
8. Abberton Reservoir Liaison Meeting – was also attended by our representative. There will be more traffic lights on the causeway for a long period of time to incorporate the new Visitor Centre before the final road set up is complete. The pipe line from Wormingford is almost complete. Two applications had been received for the Community Funds from Abberton Church and Peldon Church. Phil was given the Parish Council’s full support and backing for his attendance of the meetings and any necessary decision making on its behalf.
9. EALC re government changes to planning legislation – we will give a response on this matter.
9. Actions and Reminders List – updated
111662 Proposal: Extension to dwelling to provide additional accommodation at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
111830 Proposal: Front garden wall and improved existing access to residential frontage only at Beckton House Farm
111837 Proposal: Retro-fit of PV Solar Array onto flat roof of existing outbuilding at Spital Acre, The Street, Salcott
101626 – R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for October £353.53
101627 – Audit Commission – external audit £342.00
101628 – T Simmons – play insp, grass cut, repair Wig’s notice board £80.00
The next meeting will be held at Salcott Village Hall on Tues 8th November 2011 at 7.30pm