Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th November 2011.
Present: Nicky Ellis, Charles Dymond, Jane Banks, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, John Walker and 14 members of the public.
Apologies for absence: Terry Sutton, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman.
Borough Councillors: A report sent stated that due to the reservoir work birdwatchers were creating a problem by parking in the passing lay-bys in School Lane, Great Wigborough.
Any salt bins without the initial fill up for winter will be reported for action.
The ditch along the top end of the footpath at Butcher’s View, Peldon has been filled with rubble and will be looked onto.
Public-Have Your Say: Missing or broken 30mph signs at Lodge Lane will be reported. Signs asking people to take care and/or slow down along St Ives Hill will be erected for next year’s fireworks display.
Residents from 2 households in Salcott spoke at length at their dissatisfaction of the Parish Council’s comments on their planning applications. It was explained to them that we follow planning law guidelines to the best of our ability but occasionally misjudge a situation and get things wrong. Certain statements made by us were requested to be retracted from the CBC website. One we have agreed on and another will be looked into for accuracy before any appropriate action taken.
Declarations of Interest: None
Items for Discussion
1. Playgrounds – Charles proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed to buy a top-up amount of 100ml depth of rubber clippings for Salcott at a cost of £750.
2. Salcott Meadow/Creek – all requested reports from authoritative bodies with regard to the suggestion of fencing off the creek have still not been received but hopefully will be by next month’s meeting.
3. Police – no report received and we have not heard of any crimes in our villages.
4. CBC response to Red House meeting questions re withdrawal of Revenue Grant – their answers were deemed unsatisfactory and we will say as much in our reply to the working party and CBC. Also their request for certain costing of services will be given with a detailed explanation of our circumstances. CALC meeting will be attended where our thoughts can be discussed with other parish councils.
5. Abberton Reservoir Liaison Meeting Report – no meeting had taken place
6. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund Meeting – an application had been submitted for a house in Layer to install double glazing to reduce noise from the works. This particular work would be finished in a few months so this application was considered by us to be inappropriate for this fund.
Peldon Church, having submitted an application for a grant from these funds was well represented at our meeting explaining in detail their intentions which included toilet facilities, water supply and storage facilities. The view from the tower of the reservoir is the main asset plus exhibitions and toilets for walkers and cyclists etc. The plans can be viewed by anybody in the Church.
Peldon Village Hall is in the process of submitting an application for a grant from these funds towards the building of a new hall. This will be for the benefit of all the community including reservoir meetings and information displays also car parking facilities. The Parish Council unanimously agreed to give both these projects its support but it was mentioned that it might be considered that these two applications overlap in certain aspects.
7. Winter Salt Scheme – having received a pack on distribution of the tonne of salt delivered from ECC Highways to Garr House Farm it was decided that collection for refills of the boxes would be at the discretion of Phil Gladwin on 07973 102146. Please see note below.
8. Actions and Reminders List – updated including website and broadband progress.
111972 Proposal: Demolition of existing single storey extension, erection of two conservatory style extensions to the rear of the property with single storey cloakroom between and detached double garage to the front of the property at The Farmhouse, Abbots Wick Lane, Great Wigborough
112023 Proposal: 1st floor extension to rear over existing g/floor 2 storey extension to side at The Briars, Peldon Road, Peldon
Notice of Planning Decisions:
111074 Proposal: Agricultural building to store hay crop produced by the farm at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Permission Refused
111495 Proposal: Extensions and alterations to existing dwelling at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Permission Refused
111602 Proposal: Conversion of existing, redundant pool house to create new meeting rooms. Demolition of an existing storage building. Construction of two extensions to accommodate kitchen, cloak and toilet facilities associated with the proposed meeting room at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough – Permission Granted
111837 Proposal: Retro-fit of PV Solar Array onto flat roof of existing outbuilding at Spital Acre, The Street, Salcott – Permission Granted
101629 – R S Pullen – clerk’s expenses (paper, ink, postage, etc) £269.73
101630 – R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for November £353.53
101631 – Keith Banks – 5 grass cuts on Moss Hay £200.00
101632 – Peldon Village Hall – hire 80.00
101633 – Mr B Gooding – 3 x play insp 90.00
101634 – Suffolk Acre Services – annual insurance including Sparklers £1,441.53
The next meeting will be at Peldon Village Hall on Tues 13th December 2011, 7.30pm
The Parish Council would like to emphasize that the salt in the boxes is to be used for the highways only and not for homeowners’ paths etc. It should also be noted that it needs to be applied sparingly and only where necessary. If everyone is careful and considerate we will hopefully, manage the winter better this year than last. To collect a refill for an empty box please phone Phil Gladwin on 07973 102146 who has a limited supply.