WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th February 2012.
Present: Charles Dymond, Jane Banks, Nicky Ellis, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill Jones, Lynne Simmons, I Police Officer and 2 members of public
Apologies for absence: John Walker, Phil Gladwin, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Borough Councillors: Empty salt bins have been an issue in Salcott and Great Wigborough and been followed up rigorously. The contractors who carried out the initial fill up insisted they had filled them all. This is obviously not the case but it was considered too late to address this now even though we had tried many times to get them filled up during the past month or two. Next year things will be noted and acted on more positively much sooner. There will be another fill all round this winter if there is another cold spell.
The Parish Council would like to express thanks to Chris Jones for clearing away the snow on Mill Lane.
Flooding issues are explained at item 5.
Public-Have Your Say – None
Declarations of Interest – Netty Knill Jones for planning item application no.120033
1. Playgrounds – Reports were received from Salcott. Rubber clippings will be ordered shortly. Peldon is in good order and benches on Moss Hay will be painted on the corners with bright paint for safety at night. Also dog fouling signs will be erected shortly.
2. Village Design Statement is nearing completion and will be ready for the draft to be considered at the March meeting. Quotes for printing are being sort.
3. Police – there has been a break-in at a farm in Peldon and some items stolen. A number of cars etc have been retrieved from ditches due to the icy road conditions.
4. Broadband Update – our two sources of information were absent from this meeting
5. Walkabout following Flood Summit Meeting – Borough Councillors were joined by Parish Councillors along with Simon High, CBC Land Drainage and Building Technician to look closely at particularly bad spots for flooding. Letters have been written by Simon High to land owners with regard to ditch and culvert clearance.
6. Grass cutting offer from Tiptree – we will be replying to Tiptree PC declining their offer to join forces with their grass cutting equipment and staff as we are more than satisfied with our own arrangements.
7. Actions and Reminders List – updated
112327 Proposal: 3 vehicle detached garage at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – amended plan
120074 Proposal: Replacement dwelling and garaging following demolition of existing dwelling at Thornfleet, Church Road, Peldon
120033 Proposal: Lawful development certificate for an existing use – The Bungalow let to non-agricultural tenant at Virley Hall Farm, Mill Lane, Virley
120170 Proposal: Installation of photovoltaic solar panels on land to rear of farm buildings at Sherwins Farm, Abbots Wick Road, Great Wigborough
120215 Proposal: Change of use of land from agricultural to domestic garden, bringing fenced border in line with other properties at land adjacent to Magpies and Hepzibah, Church Road, Peldon
Notice of Planning Decisions:
112135 Proposal: Two storey extension to provide additional kitchen and wc in study space at ground floor also incorporating a utility room. First floor additional bedroom at 9 Sharlands Row, The Street, Salcott – Permission Granted
111937 Proposal: Detached office, garage and car port building at Rosefield, Lodge Lane, Peldon – Permission Granted
112345 Proposal: Single-storey extension in brick and tile at north door, providing WC and wet area to Church at St Mary’s Church, Peldon – Permission Granted
Appeal Decision: APP/A1530/D/11/2164288 against refusal of planning permission by CBC at Beckton House Farm for proposed extensions and alterations to existing dwelling – Appeal Dismissed
101645 – Salcott Village Hall – hire £150.00
101646 – Webhosting UK Com Ltd. – website £29.99
101647 – David J Kingaby – website running £300.00
101648 – R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for February £353.53
101647 – T Simmons – 2 x play insp £60.00
The next meeting will be held at Salcott Village Hall on Tues 13th March 2012 at 7.30pm