WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th Nov 2012.
Present: Charles Dymond, Jinny Gail, John Walker, Nicky Ellis (chair), Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis, 1 Police Officer and 6 members of public
Apologies for absence: Jane Banks, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Borough Councillors: They have received a complaint about lack of passing places along School Lane in Great Wigborough which will be looked into with ECC Highways. They have also received requests for ‘No Through Road’ signage at the crossroads end of The Street at Salcott which will also be brought to the attention of ECC Highways along with the other signs that are still missing. Simon High, CBC Land Drainage, has produced a map of critical areas for receiving or having received attention with regard to flooding.
Public-Have Your Say: Moving the bus stop at Church Road/ Malting Road was enquired about and we have had recent notification that new funding is available so ECC will hopefully get this project moving again in the not too distant future. The large puddle there also needs addressing. St Ives gets flooded easily now as the culvert there needs attention so letters will be written to land owners. Various footpaths in and around Peldon are blocked or have been ploughed so that they are not useable which will be brought to the attention of the appropriate people. Overhanging trees at Moss Hay footpath will be looked at for appropriate remedial work.
Declarations of Interest: None
- Police – there had been some fairly minor traffic accidents and one theft of a wallet left in an insecure office.
- Playgrounds and Playing Fields – Salcott goal post need straightening and this will be carried out in the spring as the ground is too wet now. The rubber clippings have now been installed and provide an excellent surface for the Salcott playground.
Weeding needs to be carried out at Peldon playground which will be addressed.
The Community Service has made a very good start on clearance work at Moss Hay with more to follow.
- Zone Wardens and Highway Rangers – Zone Wardens will be thanked for the clearance work carried out at Peldon around The Glebe and The Plough. We have asked the Highways Rangers if they can tackle road surface issues at Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough.
- Meetings for 2013 – Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed that we should, for the forthcoming year, hold a third of our parish council meetings at the new meeting rooms at Essex Wildlife Trust, Abbotts Hall Farm at Great Wigborough starting with the January meeting if this is convenient with them. The rate for us is very favourable.
- Borough Councillor Funds for community projects – this being available for Wigboroughs and/or Salcott and Virley, but we have no suitable new projects at present as maintenance would inevitably follow and therefore feel that other villages may use the money for things they require.
- Gold Magazine Edition – sadly, due to our finances being cut this coming year, Phil proposed, Lynne seconded and all agreed that we would not sponsor a Gold Edition Magazine next year for our annual reports. It is not a statutory requirement but never-the-less we will ensure that these reports are on our website and the noticeboards and we would request that more join our email service where these reports will be sent out automatically. Please contact the clerk if you wish to receive this emailing service.
- Broadband – this new high speed service that John has been working on so diligently is to be launched in January 2013 if all goes to plan.
- Cul-de-sac signs for Salcott – ‘No Through Road’ signage will be requested from ECC Highways. There is already a red T sign but is evidently not obvious enough.
- Virley Councillor Vacancy – a leaflet to drop in all eligible houses (Wigboroughs, Salcott and Virley) is being produced including an invitation to our December or January meeting.
- Parish Transportation Meeting – was not attended
- Fireworks Display – took place very successfully and thanks are given to all those who helped at some point or another. Huge thanks are given to Robert and Liz Davidson for the use of their land, their help with parking, etc and much more.
- Actions and Reminders List – updated
121245 Proposal: To erect shed measuring about 2.4M x 3M x 2M high at peak of roof in the garden to the south of the house. To be installed on supports driven into the ground. No concrete base at Priests House, Church Road, Peldon – Permission Granted
121561 Proposal: Dependant relative annexe to main dwelling comprising bedroom, bathroom and sitting room, all attached to main dwelling at rear at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Permission Granted
101684 EALC – Chairman’s Day 2 Course
101685 Eastern Waste Disposal – rubber clippings for Salcott
101686 R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for November
101687 R S Pullen – clerk’s expenses (paper, ink, phone, car, etc)
101688 Keith Banks – grass cut on Moss Hay
101689 Terry Simmons – 1 play insp, dealing with bark and rubber, gravel boards
The next meeting will be held at Salcott Village Hall on Tues 11th Dec 2012 at 7.30pm.