WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th December 2012.
Present: Charles Dymond, Jinny Gale, Nicky Ellis (chair), Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, John Walker and 2 members of the public.
Apologies for absence: Jane Banks, Netty Knill-Jones, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Borough Councillors: The requested ‘No through Road’ signs at top end of Salcott Street have been given the go-ahead and will erected in the next year. The missing Salcott-cum-Virley sign and chevrons on Colchester Road will be chased up again.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Police – no report and no crimes to our knowledge other than that the two posts on the green near Peldon Church have been burnt.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields are in good order with weeding being needed fairly constantly. More work has been carried out at Peldon by the Community Service working party for which we are very grateful. They will be doing yet more work at Peldon and some at Great Wigborough. Thanks were expressed to Charles for efficiently liaising with this team.
3. Zone Wardens and Highway Rangers will both be asked to help with the matter of the road subsiding into the verge along St Ives Hill.
4. Precept/Grant 2013/14 – was discussed at length and it was agreed that we will require approximately the same money next year as this to sustain our present standard of maintenance etc. but a final decision will be made when we receive the formal notification from CBC as to what their grant contribution will be.
5. Abberton Reservoir Liaison Group, Community Fund and proposed Footpath – the grand opening of the dam took place. There are 3 applications for the Community Fund to be discussed at the meeting tomorrow evening and for these this parish council gives Phil a mandate, as always, to vote as he feels appropriate at the meeting having been given and considered all the facts. The footpath meeting was attended by 2 parish councillors and a detailed map of this proposed footpath was presented to us for information and discussion. An open event and questionnaire will probably follow in the spring.
6. Wigboroughs Village Hall will have to be taken down and the site sold. Expert advice is being sought to establish and achieve the maximum value. The proceeds will be for the benefit of the Great and Little Wigborough community and ideas for this are being sought and considered.
7. Broadband – the funding from the Reservoir Community Funds is to be in 3 stage payments as opposed to 5 which will be confirmed at the meeting tomorrow evening.
8. Virley Councillor Vacancy – a leaflet has been produced but the circulation of it may not need to take place as we have an interested resident from Salcott.
9. Fireworks Display – it was decided after much consideration to give this event a year’s break as it attracts too many people from too far a distance making it a massive amount of work but probably reinstating it next year at Moss Hay again.
10. Actions and Reminders List – updated including noting our contact with the Public Rights of Way Officer for Colchester and Tendring who will be looking into all the footpaths in and around Peldon that were reported to us as being impassable.
121768 Proposal: Swimming pool, pool equipment building, garden shed, greenhouse, potting shed, 3 chicken coops and 2 horse field shelters at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Permission Granted
120580 & 121070 for roof and porch at 2 Fourreleet Cottages, Salcott have both now received planning approval.
The next meeting will be held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough on Tues 8th January 2013 at 7.30pm.