WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th January 2013.
Present: John Walker, Jane Banks, Charles Dymond, Nicky Ellis (chair), Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Terry Sutton, Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley, 2 Police Officers and 12 members of the public
Apologies for absence: None
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Borough and County Councillors: Flooding areas at Salcott have been inspected along with the CBC Land Drainage Technician during the particularly wet weather recently. There were noticeable improvements from work having been carried out but matters could be improved more if land owners carried out further requested works. Thanks will be given to a certain Salcott resident for his ditch clearance work which is very much appreciated.
Pot holes have been mended but with many the repairs have come out again all too soon but will be dealt with yet again in time. More resurfacing has been requested and with a better job than has been seen on the roads of late.
ECC is not increasing their part of the Council Tax and even though their funds have been significantly reduced front line services have not been affected.
The collapsed edge on St Ives Hill has been repaired and Copt Hall Lane will be chased up for a similar problem.
The new grant system from CBC was clarified in order for us to make a positive decision.
Public-Have Your Say: The consultation for the speed reduction proposals along Mersea Road in Peldon was enquired about and will be looked into. Also enquiries were made about the proposed bus shelter for Church Road/Malting Road which will be followed up by requesting a date when we can expect this to take place.
Declarations of Interest: None
Planning Application 122083 (details below) was brought forward on the agenda for which a full discussion took place with presentations and comments from the applicant, his agent, neighbours, other Salcott residents and a Borough Councillor speaking for and against this proposal. The Parish Council discussed this further later on in the meeting and all that was said earlier with emails and letters sent to us previously were carefully considered in order for us to put together our comments to be sent to CBC Planning Dept.
1. Police from both Tiptree and Mersea gave reports of no crimes in our villages but would urge people to be vigilant as there are cases of household oil theft at present. Also they will carry out speed gun visits if they are told of a particularly bad place and time. Speed gun training for those that put their names forward is taking place. A vase had been stolen from Salcott Church.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – the Community Service work on Moss Hay has been suspended due to the village hall being occupied with panto rehearsals as the toilets etc are required for this work party. Work will resume again in February for which we are very grateful and delighted with all their efforts so far. The playgrounds are in good order given the very poor weather we’ve been having.
3. Zone Wardens and Highway Rangers – nothing to report
4. Precept/Grant 2013/14 – following further discussion and consideration Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed to apply for the same money as last year despite the fact it will be a modest increase of £2.31 average per band D property but this being a direct result of the withdrawal of most of the Revenue Grant by CBC. We have and will continue to try and make savings wherever possible but insurance, maintenance of our playgrounds, grass cutting etc are a constant commitment for us.
5. Abberton Reservoir Expansion Liaison Group Meeting – the poor weather had stopped work but habitat work will start soon. The main part of the project is still on course to finish at August 2013.
Abberton Reservoir Community Fund – there had been one application this time for helping with the cost of a length of footpath in Layer de la Haye from the works entrance to the crossroads.
6. Flooding – as above at Borough Councillors plus a land owner along St Ives Hill has been approached for ditch clearance to alleviate a problem there.
7. Broadband update report – there is a question of planning permission being a problem that will hopefully be resolved soon.
8. Website and Five Parishes Show – our website could be of more use to the Five Parishes Show and we would like to treat everyone the same with regard to any possible charges. Our new parish councillor who will be co-opted at our next meeting has already expressed knowledge of website maintenance so we will approach him on the matter.
9. Actions and Reminders List – updated
122083 Proposal: Demolition of existing bungalow and erection of 2 no. two and a half storey semi-detached dwellings at Old Barn Burrows, The Bungalow, The Street, Salcott
St Mary the Virgin, Peldon – mag entries for the year
R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for Jan
Salcott Village Hall – hall hire x 6
David J Kingaby – running of website
Tollesbury (St Mary’s) PCC – mag entries for the year
T Simmons – Salcott play insp x 2
The next meeting will be held at Peldon Village Hall on Tues 12th February 2013 at 7.30pm.