WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th May 2013
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Nicky Ellis (chair), Jane Banks, Charles Dymond, Andy Beharrell, John Walker, I Police Officer, 2 Zone Wardens, 5 adult and 5 children members of the public.
Apologies for absence: Jinny Gale, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis, Terry Sutton
Police report: There have been few crimes in our villages but 1 burglary and a couple of traffic accidents. There is a new officer in Tiptree and can be reached on 07966 197404.
Zone Wardens: They are reporting pot holes, carrying out litter picking, assisting with dog fouling problems and other services where ever they can on our behalf. A gift of a bench will be discussed with a councillor for positioning on Moss Hay.
Public: A quad bike has been seen driving around on Moss Hay and Pete Tye Common, a dog fouling culprit was spotted with several dogs along St Ives Road, the bench on the bus stop triangle at the bottom of St Ives Road needs painting, a ditch full of litter along Maldon Road needs attention and road signs at the Kings Head junction in Great Wigborough are missing probably due to accidents, all of which will be dealt with hopefully in the near future. Thanks were given to Archie and Shaun for the litter picking they do in Peldon.
The children: They came to make a request for a skateboard ramp on Moss Hay. They all spoke individually to make their case and presented us with a drawing of a ramp. This will be investigated for cost, area required and insurance. Other villages with these will be visited for an idea of what would be suitable, if any, for Peldon.
Public: A resident from Salcott came to express their concerns, particularly with regard to the height, about a planning application for 2 semi-detached houses replacing a bungalow in The Street at Salcott. The owner of the property was also in attendance and gave his input into the discussion. Details will be looked into by our Borough Councillor and discussed with the Planning Officer.
Phil proposed, John seconded and all agreed for Nicky to continue as Chairman for this next year. Jane wished to step down so Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed for Charles to be Vice-Chairman for this next year. Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed for Sue to continue being the Financial and Responsible Officer.
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Borough and County Councillors: County report will be circulated. Kevin had been in contact with ECC Highways with regard to rectifying the collapsed verge along St Ives Road.
Chairman’s Report: A brief summary was read out and it was circulated to the parish councillors and will be on the website.
Financial Report and the External Auditor’s End of Year Return and Annual Governance Statement: Nicky proposed, Phil seconded and all agreed to approve these. Our sincere thanks go to Steve Copeland for carrying out our internal audit for us without charge yet again.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Churchyards Upkeep Donations – Phil proposed, John seconded and all agreed, except one against and one abstention, to donate the usual amount of £200 each to help with maintaining the churchyards. Yet again we will express the possibility of reducing this next year if the need arises due to reduced funds.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – following the Annual Inspection Report certain matters will be addressed and other matters will be discussed with the inspector due to some confusion over certain comments in the report.
3. Flooding at Salcott – yet again CBC Simon High will be contacted with the purpose of meeting a Salcott councillor on site to discuss ongoing problems.
4. Broadband update – Stage 2 is underway, a launch event is planned for late July and the target date for going live is September.
5. Junctions at Lodge Lane and St Ives in Peldon – postponed to next month due to lack of Borough Councillors in attendance
6. Wigborough Telephone Box – the person who requested to buy this box will be approached again followed by a second interested resident before we decide to accept this offer of cleaning and painting.
7. Actions and Reminders List updated
8. To confirm Parish Council representatives on the Wigboroughs Village Hall Management Committee – Nicky proposed, John seconded and all agreed for Phil and Jinny to be our representatives on this committee.
9. Abberton Rights of Way Committee – meeting was attended and a consultation event is to be planned to find out what the public would like with regard to this path surrounding the reservoir.
|130681||Proposal: Demolition of existing bungalow and erection of 2 no. two and a half storey semi- detached dwellings (resubmission of 122083) at Old Barn Burrows, The Bungalow, The Street, Salcott.|
|130042||Proposal: Change of use A2 offices to 3 bedroom house at 2 Abbotts Hall Cottages, Maldon Road, Great Wigborough||Permission Granted|
|130355||Proposal: Relocation of approved pool equipment room to be attached to end of garage at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott||Permission Granted|
|130474||Proposal: Application to extend time for implementation of permission 100458 at Leeward, Church Road, Peldon||Permission Granted|
|130557||Proposal: Single storey dependent relative annex and structural support to existing dwelling. (Resubmission of applications 110912 and 121258 at Lovedowns Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott||Permission Refused|
|101719||CALC – annual subscription||£35.00|
|101720||Anglia Inspection Services Ltd||£192.00|
|101721||Peldon Village Hall – hire||£80.00|
|101722||R S Pullen – salary for May||£212.12|
|101723||HMRC – 2 x income tax||£141.41|
The next meeting will be on Tues 11th June 2013 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall