WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th June 2013
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin (chair for this meeting), Charles Dymond, Jinny Gale, Andy Beharrell, John Walker and 4 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Jane Banks, Nicky Ellis, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report: No crimes have been reported in our villages with just a couple of domestic type incidents
County Councillor: Recycling has increased throughout the country and Essex is doing particularly well. A scheme backed by ECC could enable first-time buyers to get on the property ladder.
Borough Councillors: The new ‘no through road’ signs for Salcott have been made and are now on the list for fixture. An answer from Highways has been promised for next week on the concerns that have been highlighted at the junction at the top of St Ives Road, Peldon
Public-Have Your Say: An update from ECC will be requested on the matter of the proposed speed limit of 40mph for Mersea Road in Peldon and to the Strood. There are signs that the new bus shelter for Malting Road is starting to be fitted. Missing road signs will be chased up again and the paper/card recycling bags will be reported for split sides. The bench on the bus stop triangle in Peldon needs painting and will be done shortly.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. CBC Zone Wardens: Nothing reported.
ECC Highway Rangers will be contacted for a couple of strimming type jobs that we would like them to do for us.
2. CALC Meeting was attended by our representative where the guest speaker was Angie Pearson who is Essex Watch Liaison Officer and covers watches for Neighbourhoods, Farms, Businesses, Speed, etc. Her email address will follow. There was also a discussion about the fact that parish councils do not now receive a paper copy from CBC for planning applications which is proving difficult for consideration.
3. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – items needing attention at Salcott have or are being addressed. Signs on Moss Hay have been ripped down and will be reinstated. The requested skate board ramp on Moss Hay is still being looked into for cost, maintenance and the possibility of a grant.
4. Flooding at Salcott – a site meeting has not been arranged as yet.
5. Broadband update – there is to be a press release to encourage residents to come forward to establish if their property is suitable for a small antenna to be fitted called a Community Access Point (CAP), 30 in total are needed and the occupiers will receive free internet connection. Interested residents can contact the clerk. The proposed date for launching this project is September.
6. Junctions at Lodge Lane and St Ives Road in Peldon – next meeting if there is an update as we are waiting for a reply from Highways.
7. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund – 2 applications have been submitted, one from the Friends of the Wigboroughs for tables and chairs for which we support and gave Phil a mandate to vote in favour of this. The second one is for a good percentage of the build of a new hall in Layer de la Haye for which we support in principal but possibly not for the full requested amount and gave Phil a mandate to use his own discretion with the information provided at the Community Fund meeting.
The Abberton Rights of Way Committee Meeting held on 13th June will be attended by our representative. There will be a stand at the Peldon Festival this weekend with questionnaires for suggestions and requests with regard to the proposed footpath around the reservoir.
8. Actions and Reminders List – updated
Proposal: Retrospective application for removal of unstable wall and timber replacement at Games Farm, Lower Road, Peldon
Listed Building application for above
Proposal: Single storey rear and side extensions at Honeysuckle Cottage, Maldon Road, Great Wigborough
Proposal: Alterations and extension to first floor over existing single storey element to provide an additional bedroom and en-suite facility at Honeywood, Mersea Road, Peldon
St Mary’s Peldon PCC – churchyard upkeep donation
Gt & Lt Wigs PCC – churchyards upkeep donation
Salcott St Mary’s PCC – churchyard upkeep donation
EALC – councillor course
R S Pullen – salary for June
T Simmons – 2 x play insp and 4 x grass cuts
The next meeting will be on Tues 9th July 2013 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough