WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 12th November 2013
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, Nicky Ellis, Charles Dymond, Jane Banks, John Walker, Andy Beharrell, Andrew Ellis, 2 from County Broadband and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley, Police
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report was read out and there were several crimes and incidents in Peldon and the Wigboroughs but none in Salcott and Virley.
Borough Councillors: The meeting on flooding matters has been held up slightly by a change of staff. Nearly all the S106 money from the building work in Peldon has now been paid to CBC. There had been some fly tipping in Great Wigborough and we are very grateful to the Zone Wardens who cleared it up and an address was found amongst the rubbish which may be helpful in finding the culprit. We also give our thanks to them and Rob (Pullen) for fixing a couple of road signs.
Public-Have Your Say: Enquiries were made about the proposed 40 mph limit for Mersea Road in Peldon and up to the Strood which will be followed up.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. CBC Zone Wardens – were not present but we have thanked them for the great job of installing the (gift) bench on Moss Hay and also for fixing the road sign.
2. Broadband update – from Lloyd Fenton, County Broadband who reported that there had been much activity on our project behind the scenes but there had been several hurdles to overcome. Although the Diocese has been supportive with regard to the use of Peldon Church tower, the Chancellor has had a number of queries that each takes time to resolve. The money paid to them so far is still banked in readiness for the start of installing the equipment.
3. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – work has been brought up to date as much as possible with the weather as it is now. Terry Sutton has kindly agreed for us to use the Peldon S106 monies for the 2 new pieces of equipment on Moss Hay. This part of the money can only be used for sport, leisure and recreation and only in Peldon, and therefore this new equipment is an ideal use. Further quotes will be obtained for framework and grant application form purposes. The leaflet on the Church timetable of events plus information about this play equipment has now been delivered to all the houses in Peldon, thanks to John for printing and the Peldon team for delivering.
4. Planning Archiving – owing to our dissatisfaction of the way CBC Planning Department make it very difficult to look back at even fairly recent planning applications, decisions and conditions we will write a letter to them with computer knowledge suggesting how they could improve the matter which will also be sent to CALC for their support.
5. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund, Rights of Way Meeting – no reports from meetings. It was agreed unanimously for Phil to continue to be our representative on the committees of the various Reservoir Liaison Groups. He asked for this to be clarified or others take over if they so wish as, in due course, he will be adding to his Declarations of Interest form that he will be renting to farm some of the Water Board’s land.
6. Actions and Reminders List – updated
|132070||Proposal: Erection of an outbuilding containing a swimming pool, gym and home cinema, resubmission of 131315 at Hall Barn, Peldon Road, Peldon|
|132137||Application for variation of Condition 10 following grant of planning permission F/COL/01/1140 at Gable Lodge, Malting Road, Peldon|
|Against Enforcement Notice issued by CBC at field west of Rowses Farm, Maldon Road, Great Wigborough|
|Against CBC’s refusal of application for erection of an outbuilding containing swimming pool, gym and home cinema at Hall Barn, Peldon Road,Peldon|
|Proposal: Alterations and extensions to first floor over the existing single storey element to provide an additional bedroom and en-suite facility at Honeywood, Mersea Road, Peldon||Appeal Allowed – Permission Granted|
|101741||R S Pullen – salary for Nov plus backdated pay||£381.82|
|101742||CBC – installation of bench on Moss Hay by Zone Wardens||£156.00|
|101743||T Simmons – 2 x play insp.||£60.00|
|101744||Fenland Leisure Products – climbing frame rope||£137.94|
The next meeting will be on Tues 10th December 2013 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall