WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 10th December 2013.
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Nicky Ellis (chair), Jane Banks, Jinny Gale, Charles Dymond, Andy Beharrell, John Walker and 5 members of public
Apologies for absence: Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report: None given
Borough and County Councillors: ECC are now in the process of setting the budget for the next financial year which will be voted on by all the County Councillors at their meeting in February. Grant allocations from government will be greatly reduced so ECC will have to make decisions about the services it provides but many of these such as highways maintenance, social care and waste disposal are statutory duties that it must provide. Public consultations will be carried out on other services for residents’ views.
All salt bins owned by ECC will be filled for the start of winter, which must be used sparingly on the highways and is not for use on resident’s properties. Residents can keep up to speed with gritting lorries online at www.essex.gov.uk/highways . Other winter related advice is available at www.essex.gov.uk/winter .
Public-Have Your Say: There are some impassable and overgrown footpaths in our villages, some that farmers should reinstate after ploughing, and we can do our best to report accordingly if we hear about them. Disappointingly there will not be a footpath around the whole of the reservoir and high hedges will be grown along much of the footpath obscuring the view as nesting birds etc take priority.
The bus stops in Malting Road are difficult for users stepping down from the bus and will be reported to ECC with photo evidence. The footpath finish/edge along the front of the new houses in Malting Road can be a problem for users and so the Zone Wardens will be contacted for help with a possible solution.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. CBC Zone Wardens – as above and nothing to report from them
2. Broadband update – the signal is now live, the launch event will take place in Peldon Village Hall on Sat 8th February 2014 and by the end of February it is expected that all the CAPS (Community Access Points) will be in place.
3. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – several quotations for the two new pieces of equipment on Moss Hay were obtained and so Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed for Wicksteed as the preferred supplier as they offer sound, substantial equipment with a good guarantee that CBC are known to use. A grant form has been submitted for some of the funding which will be chased up for its receipt and likelihood of success. Following our information leaflet delivered to all Peldon households on the proposed new pieces of equipment we have not received any queries. As the weather is now unsuitable for installation the company will be contacted to ensure the price quoted will be held but we will hopefully be able to make the order soon.
4. Precept 2014/15 – following information from CBC on precept/grant for the next financial year consideration will be given to the matter until the January meeting when we will have to agree our course of action.
5. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund –2 applications were submitted, VAT for the already agreed car park at St Stephens Church, Great Wigborough which the parish council supports and the resubmitted application for improvements to Abberton and Langenhoe Cricket Club.
6. Actions and Reminders List – updated and also to mention that Great Wigborough phone box has now been removed and we have received the agreed amount of £300 for its sale (the PC bought it for £1 from BT).
|132269||Proposal: Conservatory and garden room/orangery at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott|
|132753||Proposal: Surfacing car park with grass reinforcement Truckpave and associated work at St Stephens Church, Great Wigborough|
|131878||Proposal: First floor side extension and replacement sunroom, new garage and side entrance as previously approved under COL/120533 at Rolls Farm, Peldon Road||Approve Conditional|
|132070||Proposal: Erection of an out building containing a swimming pool, gym and home cinema (new application following the refusal of 131315) at Hall Barn, Peldon Road, Peldon||Refuse Permission|
|101745||R S Pullen – salary for Dec<||£381.82|
|101746||SLCC – subs||£68.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 14th January 2014 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall