WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th January 2014
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Nicky Ellis (chair), Charles Dymond, Andy Beharrell, Andrew Ellis, John Jowers and 3 members of the public.
Apologies for absence: John Walker, Jane Banks, Jinny Gale, Kevin Bentley, Police, Zone Warden
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report: was received and read out stating that there were no crimes in Little Wigborough and Salcott and Virley, one road accident in Great Wigborough (no one injured), and at Peldon there was a road accident near The Strood (no one injured) and a burglary at a property near The Strood where a number of items were stolen and a messy search of all rooms took place.
County Councillor: Peldon has received more funding from the ECC Community Initiative Fund for the new village hall project. There will be a 40mph speed limit along Mersea Road in Peldon and a small section of Colchester Road leading up to The Strood. Also there will be lights in the middle of The Strood crossing to enable viewing high tides at night more easily. There is another £15 million for repairing potholes and more money for Rural Funds.
Borough Councillor: Information was given on the proposed Solar Park in our area to assist us with our return comments.
Public-Have Your Say: To thank us for our efforts in gaining the speed reductions in Peldon.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. CBC Zone Wardens – nothing to report.
2. Broadband update – the latest summary of events was noted. The launch day in Peldon Village Hall will take place on Saturday 15th February from 10am to 5pm. A leaflet will go out to all households a fortnight before.
3. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – all in good order as far as is possible with the recent weather. We are waiting to hear the result of our grant application for the 2 pieces of play equipment for Moss Hay for which the supplier is holding the price for us and will erect as soon as we request when the weather has improved.
4. Precept 2014/2015 – having discussed at length our present financial situation and expected forthcoming spending requirements Phil proposed, Andy seconded and all agreed except one abstention for us to request a precept/grant slightly less than last year, absorbing the reduction from CBC’s grant cut. Also Phil proposed, Charles seconded and all agreed to honour Terry’s request for £5 more per grass cut.
5. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund, Rights of Way Meeting: 11,800 hedge plants are being put in around the reservoir site and volunteers for this are requested, if anyone is interested please contact Jo Wray on 01206 738172. The costings for Great Wigborough Church car park application for funds has to be explained further, also a business plan for Abberton Cricket Club application has been requested.
6. Elections May 2014 – we know of one Peldon Parish Councillor who will be standing down in May, therefore there will be a vacancy if anyone is interested please contact the chairman or clerk for more information.
7. Actions and Reminders List updated – including, as requested ECC Highways have agreed to put in steps for easier access to the new bus shelters in Malting Road, Peldon.
132403 Proposal: Erection of one and a half storey dwelling with attached single storey utility and garage (resubmission of 130420) at Salcot Cottages, The Street, Salcott
132137 Application for variation of Condition 10 following grant of planning permission F/COL/01/1140 at Gable Lodge, Malting Road, Peldon – Approve Conditional
132269 Proposal: Conservatory and garden room/orangery at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Approve Conditional
APP/A1530/D/13/2207055 Against CBC’s refusal of application for erection of an outbuilding containing swimming pool, gym and home cinema at Hall Barn, Peldon Road, Peldon, ref 131315 – Appeal Allowed – Permission Granted
|101747||R S Pullen – salary for Jan||£357.07|
|101748||St Mary the Virgin, Peldon – magazine entry||£150.00|
|101749||Tollesbury (St Mary’s) PCC – magazine entry||£55.00|
|101750||Information Commissioner’s Office – Data Protection||£35.00|
|101751||Business Services at CAS – Insurance||£1,071.85|
|101752||R S Pullen – clerk’s expenses||£225.92|
|101753||Peldon Village Hall – hire||£80.00|
|101754||T Simmons – play insp x 2||£60.00|
|101755||Salcott Village Hall – hire||£90.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 11th February 2013 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough
There has been more dog fouling on Moss Hay which is extremely inconsiderate of the offending dog owners and fines can and will be implemented.