WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th March 2014
Present: Andy Beharrell, John Walker, Jinny Gale, Charles Dymond (chair), Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis, Beverley McClean (CBC Coast and Countryside Planner), 1 Police Officer and 4 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Nicky Ellis, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report: There had been a burglary in Great Wigborough, several different types of incidents have occurred in all our villages, sheds and outbuildings continue to be targeted for theft in the area and churches are also being targeted for theft and damage. Speed Watch has operated a couple of times in Peldon. Inappropriate parking at the corner of Mill Lane and The Street at Salcott was reported and will be forwarded to Tiptree Police for investigation.
Borough Councillor: More consultations need to be carried out with various bodies before the proposed Solar Park application can even be submitted and we will be notified of any further developments or meetings with regard to this.
The houses being built on the old garage site in Peldon are not as people would have anticipated because the street scene that was submitted with the application was not drawn to scale and therefore misleading. The site has been checked by CBC Enforcement Dept. and the houses are being built to the correct measurements as per permission granted. However, the builder has been instructed to make some other adjustments to comply with the plans.
In future any S106 monies arising from house building will need to be specifically allocated before the developers are requested to pay.
A suggestion for altering the signage at Salcott crossroads was given to correct the recently installed sign and to help reduce the number of signs as there are several there.
Public-Have Your Say: A resident from Abbots Wick Lane in Great Wigborough expressed further her disapproval of the proposed Solar Park stressing the potential upset, it would cause to wildlife in general and particularly to local bird life. Her comments were noted for any future developments on this matter.
Some of the hedges along the roadside on Colchester Road from Salcott crossroads to the Kings Head are overgrown and damaging to farm vehicles and therefore need trimming back. Land owners will be contacted requested this action.
It was noted that a land owner in Salcott has dug out a trench in a field entrance as requested in a bid to relieve flooding in the area and other home owners in the vicinity have been requested again to dig out their ditches. The Environment Agency has visited Salcott to assess any visible problems for themselves. We will write to them with a suggestion to help alleviate possible problems from high tides combined with water run-off.
A statement was read out from the Wigboroughs Village Hall Management Committee which will be entered in full in the April edition of the Peldon and Wigboroughs Parish News magazine.
Declarations of Interest – None
1. Neighbourhood Planning – Beverley McClean explained in detail when there is the need for a Neighbourhood Plan; this is often when the District or Borough Council does not have a Local Plan which Colchester does and also when housing developments are desired which our surveys proved they are not. It was therefore felt that our Village Design Statement and Parish Plan is sufficient for us at this time. CBC are just about to begin the process of compiling a new Local Plan and a Marine Plan will follow.
2. Broadband event in Peldon Village Hall went well and many signed up and more recorded an interest in signing up in the near future.
3. Playgrounds and Playing Fields are in good order and Cory Environmental Trust has sent the signed grant contract so Wicksteed will be contacted to arrange a date for installing the new equipment.
4. Salcott Telephone Box – Phil proposed, Charles seconded and all agreed for Terry to make, paint and fit a new door frame, following the vandalism, for £250. S106 monies will be investigated for the cost of possibly lighting this box and the corner in general with a solar powered lamp which would be quite expensive.
5. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund – applications have been submitted again from Abberton Cricket Club and Great Wigborough Church car park plus a new one from Abberton Church for improvements to the car park which the parish council is in favour of. The parish council therefore gives Phil a mandate to vote as he sees fit with the documentation produced but adding that new signage could be placed in order to avoid parking in other unsuitable places.
6. Our Emergency Plan has been looked at for possible updates and additions and this will be completed in due course.
7. Actions and Reminders List updated and Peldon planting volunteer group will be contacted to discuss ECC’s reply with regard to a Licence to Plant.
142142 Proposal: Two new dormer windows to existing dwelling at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott
142129 Proposal: Kitchen extension at 2 Brick Cottages, Peldon Road, Little Wigborough
142455 Proposal: Small building to house Biomass environmentally friendly renewable fuel boilers at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
142510 Proposal: Replacement of 3 no. windows and one front door at New Hall, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough
142511 Listed Building application as above at New Hall
The next meeting will be on Tues 8th April 2014 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall