WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th April 2014
Present: Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Nicky Ellis (chair), Jinny Gale, Charles Dymond, Andy Beharrell, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis, John Jowers, 1 Zone Warden, 1 Police Officer and 8 members of the public
Apologies for absence: John Walker, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report: There were several incidents this last month including theft from a vehicle, a trailer theft, a car accident and a burglary in Colchester Road, Great Wigborough. Please report anyone looking suspicious at the time and also be vigilant and lock up securely when going out.
Zone Wardens Report: They are prosecuting culprits of dog fouling from other local areas and will from our villages if caught. Missing road signs will be reported again.
Borough Councillors: Simon High, CBC Highways and Drainage Technician, has made another site visit to Salcott to assess the situation where a pipe has been installed to help alleviate the potential flooding problems.
CBC Conservation Team has been consulted with regard to the proposed Solar Park.
S106 monies available for Salcott from developments have been allocated to the village hall for improvements to the kitchen area.
County Councillor: More money has been allocated for flooding issues, attention to Barnhall Road is being brought up and potholes are being attended to more vigorously. Minerals and Waste Plans are receiving attention. The Police and Crime Panel will not receive increased funding so PCSOs will be relied on. Missing finger posts and white lines will be chased up.
Public-Have Your Say: The superfast broadband has been installed in a house in Great Wigborough and the residents expressed their thanks to the Parish Council which will be passed on to John for his major part in organising the project. However, the installation had not been as smooth as they would have liked and a Peldon resident who has also subscribed to the new system mentioned that his broadband speed was quite variable at times. See below in the broadband report (Item 2).
Jinny was also thanked for her brilliant parish council email service informing residents of certain matters of interest.
The ditch along Maldon Road, Great Wigborough has recently been dug out and it was noted that this is an extremely poor job with regard to natural flow of water.
It was mentioned that there had been inaccuracies on the Solar Park with correspondence on the proposed application with regard to the positioning of the actual solar panels.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Parish Councillor Vacancies – we have one for Virley and one for Peldon for which we have received interest; although anyone can apply for any of the wards (Peldon, Gt & Lt Wig, Salcott and Virley). In May Charles will be chairman and Lynne the vice chairman for a two year period.
2. Broadband update – John sent a report that was read out on how the project is progressing with more CAPs being installed and customers signing up. There have been a few network problems which the engineers are busily trying to sort out.
3. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – the annual inspection will take place in the next week or so. There are a couple of minor matters on the Salcott equipment that will be addressed shortly.
4. Peldon Garage Site Houses – the Parish Council will write to CBC Planning Dept. to express our dissatisfaction about the height of the houses which we did mention when we were first consulted and also an apology for any errors made would not go amiss.
5. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund, Rights of Way Meeting – the reservoir work is now finished and the water level is at 19 metres and will be increased to 20.3 metres next year; monitors are in place to look at bunds and money allocated for education is yet to be decided. The footpath is a major project that required a qualified manager to see it through; this position is yet to be filled. The Community Fund is all but spent with the last few projects getting the go-ahead.
6. Actions and Reminders List updated
|142473||Proposal: Listed building application for removal of internal door between bar and conservatory, removal of internal door between kitchen and passage, removal of internal ‘Essex’ cupboard and addition of ‘Peldon Rose’ sign to front elevation at the Peldon Rose|
|142947||Proposal: Replacement dwelling, resubmission of 131529 at Hill Farm, School Lane, Great Wigborough|
|143677||Proposal: Erection of single storey rear conservatory extension at Ashleigh, Lower Road, Peldon|
|Proposal: Erection of detached granny annexe and extension to existing storage building at Homeview, Mersea Road, Peldon|
|140346||Proposal: Erection of glazed link between approved outbuilding and existing dwelling at Hall Barn, Peldon Road, Peldon|| Approve
|101760||R S Pullen – salary for April||£367.57|
|101761||R S Pullen – office expenses (heat, light, etc)||£250.00|
|101762||Peldon Village Hall – hire||£80.00|
|101763||EALC & NALC – subs||£284.08|
|101764||T Simmons – 3 x play insp and 2 x grass cuts||£180.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 13th May 2014 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough which will also be the Annual Parish Meeting