WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 10th February 2015
Present: John Walker, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Jinny Gale, Bob Holmes, Nicky Ellis, Netty Knill-Jones, Rob Surface, Kevin Bentley and 7 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Andrew Ellis, Robert Davidson
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report – no report sent but we know they are happy to organise litter picking sessions with local communities if requested.
Borough and County Councillors: ECC is not increasing their portion of the council tax, CBC is meeting soon to make a decision for their part but it is expected to be frozen also, although the Police are making a small increase. ECC spend a large percentage of their funds on services, followed by road design and flood defences. There will be more children of school attendance age in 2017 therefore preparation is now taking place to meet that need.
Our local highways matters, missing signs, loose manhole cover etc. are being chased up.
Public-Have Your Say: Concern was expressed about some trees being cut down in Peldon which will be looked into.
There has been some aggressive doorstep selling and the Parish Council would urge people to report any concerns they have with regard to this to the Police on 101.
It was noted that during a time when the road was flooded in Salcott the creek was at a low level suggesting that a culvert was blocked which will be investigated.
Tree work on the Peldon Village Hall site will be taking place in readiness for building the new hall as CBC planning stipulate.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Police Messaging, Posters and Emails: Various advisory bodies will be contacted to ask their opinion on and how other parish councils deal with the huge amount of information we receive via email requesting it to be passed on to the general public including printing and displaying posters on their behalf.
2. Quotations: Our Standing Orders with regard to dealing with quotations for work we require will be followed more rigorously in the future.
3. Request for bin at Salcott crossroads was discussed but it was agreed that as bins and the emptying of are expensive and also sometimes a bin can cause more loose rubbish around that the parish council could not justify this expenditure. Being community minded some of us pick up local areas of rubbish on a regular basis.
4. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: The rubber clippings at Peldon are now in place and hedge and ditch work will follow soon. Rob will take over from Charles to oversee the fields and playgrounds maintenance reports and subsequent work. We thanked Charles for the good work he had done for the Parish Council particularly with the fields and playgrounds and engaging with the Community Team very positively who have been carrying out various work for us at Peldon.
5. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way drop-in event at Peldon Village Hall was well attended with many questionnaires having been completed. The next footpath meeting in March will be looking at these for considering any possibilities of providing the public with some of their requests.
6. Broadband: We have received reports from some of the people who have benefited from this scheme who are delighted with their new broadband speed.
7. Actions and Reminders List – updated and to include that we are advised by CBC that empty sand bags can be obtained from Kent Blaxills and the parish council holds a limited amount of sand for filling.
150092 Proposal: Listed building application for installation of 3KW solar photo voltaic system 2 rows of 6 panels located on inner west and inner east facing pitches of an M roof at Malting Cottage, Malting, Peldon
150112 Proposal: Demolition of existing ground floor extension. Erection of two storey rear extension and first floor side extension at 6 Peldon Crescent, Mersea Road, Peldon
|101817||R S Pullen – February salary, plus back dated sums||£405.35|
|101818||Essex Wildlife Trust – meeting room hire||£96.00|
|101819||Webhosting UK COM Ltd. – domain renewal||£38.97|
|101820||T Simmons – play insp||£30.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 10th March 2015 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough