WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th June 2015
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Liz Davidson, Nicky Ellis, Bob Holmes, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, John Walker, Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Rob Surface, Jinny Gale, Robert Davidson
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report: none given
Borough Councillors: The Local Plan Panel meeting was discussed it was explained that the call for sites is now closed and 224 have been put forward across the borough of Colchester. Some of these are in our villages. CBC will now sift through all of these sites and assess their suitability for development against a strict set of criteria. The likelihood is that many will fall by the wayside during this initial assessment stage. Those that are found to be potentially suitable will then be included in the next round of public consultation in January 2016, at which point members of the public will have an opportunity to give their opinions as to whether they agree or disagree with CBC’s initial findings.
The possibility of a Solar Park on land in the Maldon District near to Salcott and Great Wigborough had been noted but no application has been submitted as yet. We will contact Maldon District Council to request that we are on the consultation list.
The Borough Councillors have the small funding pot reinstated this year for all their parish councils to request for suitable projects. Resurfacing Moss Hay footpath is one such possible project for Peldon and ideas for Salcott, Virley and Wigs will be discussed.
County Councillor: Budget amendments have taken place to address the shortfall but certain services such as adult social care and children’s services will not be affected. The Essex Superfast Broadband scheme is ahead of schedule and it is planned for 98% of the county to be connected by 2019.
Outstanding road signs are still being constantly chased up for reinstatement.
The Abberton Reservoir Fund is all but allocated or spent but progress reports will be requested on any outstanding amounts allocated but not yet spent. We will write to the water company to express our congratulations on the very successful and brilliant project.
The Local Highways Panel has given the go-ahead for the modifications to the brick built bus shelter in Peldon which will be carried out in due course.
Public-Have Your Say: Item 4 was brought forward for a lengthy discussion. It was said that there were continuing offenders of speeding through Peldon and it was noted that this also occurs through Great Wigborough. The parish council would appreciate motorists taking note of the speed limit when driving through our villages.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: Signage for the new equipment has been installed and other matters are being addressed. Phil proposed John seconded and all agreed to ask Terry to trim back hedges both at the top part of Moss Hay footpath and roadside at Salcott meadow. Quotes will be sought for resurfacing Moss Hay footpath.
2. Emergency Plan: Postponed to next month.
3. Standing Orders: Postponed to next month.
4. Operation of Speed Watch: The parish council would like to request for more people to carry out training to operate the speed watch gun, if anyone is interested please contact the clerk on 01206 735367 or firstname.lastname@example.org, there will also be an article on the website and the parish council emailing service. A Police representative will be invited to the next or a future meeting to advise and discuss the operational technics and the main purpose of the scheme.
5. Neighbourhood Watch Schemes: The parish council also requests for any interested parties for this to be operational in one or all of our villages (contact clerk details as above) and following sufficient interest a meeting with a knowledgeable representative will be organized.
6. Donations to Churches: Phil proposed, John seconded and all agreed to donate £200 as usual to each of the 4 churches in our villages for the churchyards upkeep.
7. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way – Negotiations are still taking place for some of the permissive bridleways but all walks are now officially open. Hazel screening has been installed at passing places in School Lane to deter bird watchers filling up the lay-bys.
8. Broadband – update.
9. Actions and Reminders List – update.
|151111||5Proposal: Alteration of existing garage outbuildings to form 2 bed dwelling at Bucklands, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough5|
|150877||Proposal: Restore an out building to its original function as a stand-alone studio. Remove asbestos roof and replace with reclaimed clay tiled roof, with 2 Velux roof-lights replacing current corrugated plastic roof-light and render end wall. Demolish poor-quality brick, timber and blockwork extension and level floor at Cob Cottage, The Street, Salcott5|
|150625||Proposal: Removal of 3 no. existing barns/piggeries and hard standing to be replaced with a re-sited proposed feed and storage barn at The Grove, Maldon Road, Great Wigborough – Approve conditional|
|101834||R S Pullen – June salary||£375.65|
|101835||T Simmons – play insp, 2 grass cuts||£120.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 14th July 2015 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall