WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th September 2015
Present: Nicky Ellis, Bob Holmes, Liz Davidson, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis, Zone Warden and 14 members of the public
Apologies for absence: John Walker, Rob Surface, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Warden Report: The Police and Zone Wardens have carried out speed checks in local villages, several were exceeding the limit and 46 mph in a 30 limit was the highest recorded speed. Culprits of littering will be prosecuted and somebody who threw a cigarette end out of a car window was fined £740 in court. Dog fouling culprits have and will continue to be prosecuted. Zone Wardens now wear high vis jackets for their own safety and are now more easily identifiable. A local source for selling the CBC food waste bins is being looked into. Zone Wardens will assist groups with equipment etc if they wish to carry out organised litter picking events in their area.
Borough Councillor: There is S106 money available for recreational capital projects from new build at Salcott and ideas will be considered.
Public-Have Your Say: Concern was raised about loose dogs. Concern was also raised about accidents and speeding along the main road through our villages, taking out telegraph poles at frequent intervals, people being hurt badly and even killed, see item 5.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: Work on Moss Hay is still on-going subject to availability of volunteers and workers time. Quotes for resurfacing and funding the footpath are still being investigated. Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed to ask Richard Playale to cut all the surrounding hedges that he can. A broken bin top at Salcott will be looked into for replacing and the possibility for using the S106 money for rolling Salcott meadow will be explored. It was decided not to obtain old equipment from Abberton and Langenhoe as it would be too costly in several ways.
2. Emergency Plan: Evidence would suggest that major incidents would now be dealt with by the main organizations, therefore it was decided that the PC’s role in any crisis would be much more about local communication and helping one another therefore a simple up to date list of contacts and local information points will be compiled.
3. Standing Orders and Code of Conduct: The NALC (National Association of Local Councils) latest version of Standing Orders is appropriate for us. We signed the CBC Code of Conduct which will be tweaked to encompass our needs and then all our policies will be grouped together on the website.
4. Grass cutting statement: A statement on frequency and cost of grass cutting on our fields for the future has been devised and agreed and will be placed on the website and noticeboards.
5. Speeding and Accidents: Noting recent accidents including a fatality concern has been expressed yet again about speeding vehicles along the main road. A campaign beginning with a petition for a speed limit of 40mph has been set up. Anyone wishing to sign please contact David Crook on 01206 735645 or email [email protected] .We will also approach Colchester Association of Local Councils for the parish council representative on the Local Highways Panel for assistance in any way possible for this proposed speed limit.
6. Essex Rural Strategy Consultation Event: A report was circulated prior to the meeting which including mention of updating the strategy with what has already been achieved, future aims and new issues to be considered particularly ‘community safety’. The consultation will close at the end of September and the revised strategy should be published in early 2016.
7. Finances for Year 2014/15: To confirm that the financial report for 2014/15 has been externally audited and displayed on the noticeboards and website. The Parish Council continues to hold approximately one year’s funds in hand for possible emergencies.
8. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way: A report from the last meeting was given indicating decisions made including the purchase of a motorized wheelchair which can be used in the central section of footpaths. Having discussed the proposals on various aspects of the different sections of the footpath that are in our remit the parish council gave Phil a mandate to vote as instructed following the discussion. Maps will be produced to show the footpaths and who (cycles, walkers, horse riders) can use them. Also an update of all the developments will be published in the magazine shortly.
9. Actions and Reminders List – updated
|151476||Proposal: Infill to create entrance hall and relocate bathroom at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott|
|151503||Proposal: removal on condition 02 of planning permission COL/102275/FUL to allow the building to be used as a B1, B2 & B8 at Pantiles Farm, Peldon Road, Abberton|
|150877||Proposal: Restore an outbuilding to its original function as a stand-alone studio. Remove asbestos roof and replace with reclaimed clay tiled roof, with 2 Velux roof light replacing current corrugated plastic roof light and render end wall. Demolish poor quality brick, timber and blockwork extension and level floor at Cob Cottage, Salcott Street, Salcott – Withdrawn|
|151650||Proposal: New roof structure, cladding and works at Waterways, Mersea Road, Peldon|
|151607||Proposal: Gable roof to right hand projection to create a balanced shape and form to the overall dwelling at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott|
|151716||Proposal: Building for recreational games room and covered poolside seating in connection with existing dwelling and residence at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott|
|151918||Proposal: Double garage sited in front of dwelling and rear extension orangery/garden room at Longacre, School Lane, Great Wigborough|
|151476||Proposal: Infill to create entrance hall and relocate bathroom at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott Approve conditional|
|101843||Mr B Gooding – play insp x 6||£180.00|
|101844||R S Pullen – Aug and Sept salary||£751.30|
|101845||R S Pullen – expenses (ink, phone, petrol etc.)||£232.27|
|101846||T Simmons- – play insp x 2, grass cuts x 4||£240.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 13th October 2015 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough to include attendance from a Neighbourhood Watch representative and a report from the meeting at EA offices re Salcott flooding.