WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th October 2015
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, John Walker, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Jinny Gale, Liz Davidson, Bob Holmes, Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley, Grahame Stehle (Neighbourhood Watch Colchester Coordinator) and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Nicky Ellis, Robert Davidson, Zone Wardens
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report: None sent but they will follow up anything that they can deal with for us. They have replaced a broken bin lid at Salcott for which we are very grateful.
Borough Councillor: A disturbing matter at Virley is being looked into. A planning application will be ‘called in’ to be presented before CBC Planning Committee.
County Councillor: The new ward boundaries will be published on 26th October and elections will take place next May for all Borough Councillors. An application has been submitted to the Local Highways Panel for speed rumble strips to be placed on all 3 roads in Peldon, Lower, Church and St Ives. It was suggested the parish council should reply to the consultation on new Policing expressing our dissatisfaction with certain elements of the new regime following severe cut backs.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: Liz Davidson for Item 6.
1. Neighbourhood Watch – Grahame Stehle gave a very interesting and informative presentation explaining exactly what is involved. The parish council considered such schemes to be a good idea in our villages particularly with the recent local break-ins some have experienced. The next step is to find interested coordinators.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – Hedge trimming on Moss Hay has taken place and the loose rubber needs addressing when workforce is available. Quotes and funding for refurbishing the footpath are being sought. The Community Group will be contacted again for any suitable work that they can do for us.
3. Environment Agency Offices – meeting re: Salcott Flooding and following report and subsequent emailing from various sources was discussed. Both Kevin and Andrew will take on certain matters to assist in obtaining some positive action to resolve this on-going problem. All residents are reminded that clearance of boundary ditches, roadside and creek side, are their responsibility and failure to do so can result in prosecution.
4. S106 Monies and Borough Councillor Fund – new fencing for the Salcott playground will be explored, fitted or not of either wood or galvanized metal.
5. Public Welcome Sheet – explaining what is requested of the public attending a meeting was decided to be a good idea that we will adopt.
6. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way –
Footpath from Peldon to Wigborough; all opportunities for land to be made available for this popular route have been researched (and are still being discussed) currently there is no immediate prospect for this route to go ahead but we agreed that it was still worth pursuing should an opportunity be presented.
The Parish Council are in favour of upgrading the Essex and Suffolk (ESW) permissive footpath between the top of Lodge Lane and the permissive bridleway adjacent to Pete Tye to permissive bridleway to help ensure safety of horses, riders and other road users. There will be expenditure on screening and drainage here that the Parish Council thought are very worthwhile.
The Parish Council agreed that the ESW permissive footpath (and in part cycle way) around the central section of the Reservoir should be upgraded to allow disabled access but not to a bridleway and that the Rights of Way Committee should buy a four wheel drive electric wheelchair (to be kept and administered by the Wildlife Trust) for use there.
The Parish Council agreed to support the upgrading of the short section of ESW permissive footpath from near Billets Farm to near Gt. Wigborough Church to bridleway as long as issues at the B 1026 end of this regarding site splay and parking can be resolved to the satisfaction of Essex County Council (ECC) Highways.
7. Actions and Reminders List – updated, to include a request that all residents consider the Essex Rural Strategy Consultation at http://surveys.essexinsight.org.uk?EssexRuralStrategy
|152170||Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott|
|152149||Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott|
|152121||Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott|
|151503||Proposal: removal on condition 02 of planning permission COL/102275/FUL to allow the building to be used as a B1, B2 & B8 at Pantiles Farm, Peldon Road, Abberton – Approve conditional|
|151650||Proposal: New roof structure, cladding and works at Waterways, Mersea Road, Peldon – Approve conditional|
|151607||Proposal: Gable roof to right hand projection to create a balanced shape and form to the overall dwelling at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Approve conditional|
|101847||R S Pullen – October salary||£375.65|
|101848||Mr B Gooding – play insp||£30.00|
|101849||R J Playle Services – hedge and verge cut on Moss Hay||£180.00|
|101850||Peldon Village Hall – hire||£80.00|
|101851||T Simmons – play insp and grass cut||£75.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 10th November 2015 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall