WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th December 2015
Present: Liz Davidson, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis and one member of the public
Apologies for absence: Bob Holmes, Nicky Ellis, John Walker, Robert Davidson, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report: None received
Borough Councillor: Both pot holes and the dipped road either side of the bridge in Mill Lane will be looked into. All missing road signs will be followed up yet again.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: None
Items for Discussion
1. Neighbourhood Watch: Having received a small interest the people concerned will be given the information from the representative who attended our meeting to follow up further if they so wish.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: The Community Group has carried out some really excellent clearance work on Moss Hay and will be coming again to finish. Peldon Village Hall is needed for these workers and a charge at normal rate will follow. The footpath is looking much better as a result and refurbishment is thought not be necessary for the time being. Costing for the renewal of Salcott playground fencing is still being investigated.
3. Salcott Flooding: Following much correspondence and a meeting with the Environment Agency they have effectively said there is no problem. Clearing the creek is the responsibility of neighbouring landowners who must inform the Environment Agency before carrying out any such works. The Parish Council has written to Colchester Borough Council requesting that they take into account our thoughts and concerns on this matter when constructing the new Local Plan. Having brought this to the attention of all appropriate bodies the Parish Council has explored all avenues on this matter and feels that it is unable to do any more at this time.
4. Total Transport Project/FutureGov: The Parish Council had previously organized a shopping bus for residents who do not have their own means of transport but this was not sufficiently used. Fortunately some people are frequently helped out by kind hearted neighbours. A scheme providing tokens for taxis for people unable to get to doctors’ appointments etc. used to be available and will be looked into to see if it or something similar is still on-going.
5. Bus Timetable Changes/Transportation Meeting Representative: Although the bus timetable alterations and lack of reasonable notification were considered extremely inconvenient for some people the bus companies can and do change them periodically as they feel fit in order to make connections with other routes. Transportation Meetings will continue to be attended by our representative where concerns can be aired.
6. Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities: Requirements for the Transparency Code were discussed and some aspects of this are already in place and others will be addressed shortly including that any correspondence, planning notifications or invoices that arrive after the agenda has been published and displayed will not be included until the following month. Also we are waiting for Essex Association of Local Councils to produce their model template for Data Protection.
7. Actions and Reminders List – updated and including that the website has suffered problems that are currently being addressed.
|152170||Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
|152121||Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott – Approve conditional|
|152149||Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott – Approve conditional|
|152302||Proposal: Variation of Condition 2 of Planning Permission 150866 in order to add drawing nos. 563-4 and 563-5 and omit drawing nos. GHP/HP/15/01 and GHP/HP/15/02 at Hosplant Ltd. Unit 1 – Approve conditional|
|101855||Business Services at CAS Ltd. – Insurance||£1,102.31|
|101856||R S Pullen – December salary||£375.65|
|101857||Society of Local Council Clerks – annual subs||£69.87|
|101858||Peldon PCC – mag entries||£250.00|
|101859||Tollesbury PCC – mag entries||£70.00|
|101860||Mr B Gooding – play insp||£30.00|
|101861||T Simmons – play insp||£30.00|
|101862||R Davidson & Son – Moss Hay grass cuts x 8||£432.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 12th January 2016 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough