WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 12th January 2016.
Present: John Walker, Bob Holmes, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Jinny Gale, Liz Davidson, Nicky Ellis, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis, Zone Warden and 1 member of the public
Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley, Robert Davidson
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report: Litter picking equipment has been distributed to those who carry out this very valuable job in our villages and teams can be organised for a thorough blitz of particularly bad areas.
Borough Councillor: The Locality Budget and S106 monies will be looked into for funding the Salcott playground equipment area.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Precept/Grant 2016/2017 – following a thorough appraisal of our previous and forecasted expenses Bob proposed, Phil seconded and all agreed to increase our grant/precept for the following year by £100, taking into account the increase in housing. A company was set up by local government bodies to appoint new auditors on our behalf for 2017 onwards unless we choose to opt out which we have agreed not to do.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – The Community Group have carried out some sterling work for us in Peldon, for which the organisers will be thanked, surplus mud etc will be disposed of and any associated costs will be met by the parish council. It is unfortunate that work at Moss Hay has damaged the entrance but this was unavoidable and it will recover in time and be reinstated accordingly if necessary. The vandalized Dog Fouling sign will be reinstated yet again. The bench with a rotten leg will be addressed. Future work for the Community Group will be tree guard removal on Pete Tye Common and grass cutting outside Peldon Church possibly on a regular basis.
3. Bradwell – Local Community Liaison Council (LCLC) Meetings – Bob will attend these meetings on behalf of the parish council to enable us to keep up to date with proceedings and inform the residents when appropriate.
4. Emails to the PC on a variety of random subjects – distribution to all councillors and answer as deemed appropriate.
5. Planning Comments Process – all councillors will endeavour to follow the agreed process as written in the final draft.
6. Neighbourhood Watch – following further interest in setting up a scheme the information received by us at the presentation has been forwarded to these residents and if an interest is still there the parish council will arrange a meeting to assist in setting up a scheme but then take no further involvement.
7. NALC Model Code – Media Policy – subject to checking other codes and policies that we have or should adhere to for any contradictions the parish council will adopt this Media Policy at the next meeting.
8. Actions and Reminders List – updated and noting that owing to the Parish Council’s tireless efforts the Environment Agency has agreed to carry out a Flood Modelling Study for Virley Brook. Also, there are posters on the noticeboards about drop-in sessions held by Natural England to inform of their project to improve public access along the Essex coast.
|152799||Proposal: Erection of detached one and a half storey 4 bedroom dwelling with single storey utility room and garage, landscaping and access at Salcot Cottages, The Street, Salcott|
|152363||Proposal: Insertion of windows and doors into existing garage structure, with alterations and ground floor extension to provide ancillary accommodation for dependent relatives – resubmission of application no. 15111 at Bucklands, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough – Refused|
|152318||Proposal: Vehicle access to and from highway at The Bungalow, Mersea Road, Peldon – Approve conditional|
|101863||R S Pullen – Clerk’s January salary||£375.65|
|101864||David J Kingaby – website management||£444.96|
|101865||David J Kingaby – urgent migration||£270.90|
The next meeting will be on Tues 9th February 2016 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall