WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th February 2016.
Present: Liz Davidson, Bob Holmes, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Nicky Ellis, Netty Knill-Jones, Phil Gladwin, John Walker, Robert Davidson, Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley, Zone Warden and 4 members of the public
Apologies for absence: None
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report: ‘Clean for the Queen’ litter picking is to take place on the weekend of 5th and 6th March and local people are taking part.
Borough Councillors: Colchester Borough Council is not increasing its part of the Council Tax but there will be an increase of 3.99% from other sections.
County Broadband is in the process of being updated to accommodate new customers as it is running at full capacity at present.
Natural England is holding meetings at present to listen to suggestions for their Coastal Access Scheme.
There has been mention of nuisance horses and motor bikes on Pete Tye Common which will be looked into further.
At the Local Community Action Panel it was suggested that for a relatively small cost per household a PSO could be funded to assist with the lack of a Police presence in and around our villages.
S106 funds can be used for new fencing required for the play area at Salcott and with some Locality Budget money.
Certain planning enforcement issues will be looked into.
County Councillor: The County Budget was explained in detail and reasons for the increase. No frontline budget has been cut and as always a substantial part the budget is spent on social care.
At the recently held Local Highways Panel meeting funding was allocated for speed assessment strips in St Ives Road and Lower Road in Peldon.
The potholes in Salcott, bridge at Mill Lane and missing finger posts in Great Wigborough are being redirected for possible results.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: Lynne for item
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – Quotation to be received for Salcott fencing and installation in time for available funding datelines. A bench needing repair at Peldon will be looked into for possible removal.
2. Peldon Parish Councillor Vacancy – This vacancy will be advertised in the normal manner on noticeboards, magazines, etc and the closing date for applications to be received by the clerk will be 31st March.
3. Vehicle Racing along new stretch of Reservoir Road – This nuisance behavior was discussed and will be reported when it is actually happening if at all possible for any positive action to take place.
4. Standing Orders, Media Policy, Transparency Code – A newly set up working group will address these complicated documents for completion of our versions hopefully in two months’ time for adopting and putting on the website in an orderly manner to comply with the Transparency Code. Bob proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed to the completed application form for the Transparency Fund.
5. Wigborough Zeppelin Event Saturday 24th September 2016 – The event was explained fully and it was noted that the National Trust and Stow Maries are completely in control of the necessary procedures and precautions.
6. Courses Reports – were received from recently attended courses. CBC Planning Dept. had also sent a power point presentation.
7. Actions and Reminders List – updated, website to be discussed next month.
|152293||Proposal: Single storey side extension at Elm Tree Cottage, Church Road, Peldon|
|101866||Webhosting UK COM Ltd.||£38.97|
|101867||Peldon Village Hall – hire incl for Community Group||£185.00|
|101868||EALC – Course/briefing||£15.00|
|101869||Information Commissioner – Data Protection||£35.00|
|101870||T Simmons – playground insp||£30.00|
|101871||R S Pullen – Clerk’s February salary||£375.65|
|101872||Salcott Village Hall – hire||£120.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 8th March 2016 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall