Talks & Craft Days
The Tollesbury WEA are running a number of Talks & Craft Days between September & May next year to which you are warmly invited. The events take place at either:
- School Room, East St., Tollesbury, CM9 8QD (SR);
- Tollesbury Sailing Club, Woodrolfe Rd, CM9 8SE. (TSC); or
- Tollesbury Activity Centre, Woodrolfe Rd, CM9 8SE (TAC).
These are one day sessions running between 10 am – 3 pm on Saturdays and cost £18 each.
- Essex Country Houses (Margaret Mills) 29th Sept at SR.
- Why Shakespeare? (Ron Marks) 13th Oct at SR.
- History Everywhere! – Interpreting the landscape (James Nicholas) 20th October at TSC.
- Zero Nights: The first great escape in WW11 (Mark Felton) 10th November at TSC.
- Geoffrey Chaucer: Civil Servant and Poet (Dr Graham Platt) 13th April at SR.
- Imperial China (David Prynn) 11th May at SR.
They will also be running an 8-week course: A Russian Journey: An introduction to Russia, the land, its people and culture…. (Dr Anat Vernitski) This runs 10 -11.30 am on Tuesdays starting at SR on 8th January and costs £58.40.
- Christmas Wreathes (Deb Hart) Tuesday 4th December 10 am – 4 pm £26.50 at TAC.
- Basket making – A symmetric basket (Deb Hart) Saturday 12th>January 9 am – 5 pm £52 at TAC.
- Garden structures including obelisks (Deb Hart) Wednesday 1st May 10 am – 4 pm £29 at TSC.
For more information go to http://wea.org.uk and search for course name or your postcode. Online application available. Alternatively, you can call 0300 303 3464.