WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 12th March 2019.
Present: Liz Davidson, Robert Kean, Clare Lauwerys, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, John Walker, Wendy Ritherdon, Robert Davidson, Kevin Bentley and one member of public
Apologies for absence: Netty Knill-Jones, Dave Taylor
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Warden Report: The Great British Spring Clean is taking place during March and April and 14th April has been suggested for organising a community litter pick in one or all of our villages when the Zone Wardens can assist and come with all the necessary equipment, volunteers please contact the clerk. The new dog bin has been installed at the car park area at the end of Copt Hall Lane and we would urge dog walkers to use this bin: thanks go to Andrew Ellis for his Locality Budget money for funding this and the Zone Wardens for purchasing and fitting.
Borough Councillor Report: Council Tax will rise by 3% equivalent to an extra £5.50 for a Band D property. Recycling in Colchester is up by 4% and the council will no longer charge for clinical waste, also, as council tax payers, there are offers to be had at Leisure World. The extra police officers with additional volunteer specials has enabled more hours spent on the beat and arrests made are reflecting of this.
The developers for the Lion pub site at Abberton have amended the application to include a community shop and supporting comments online is requested.
County Councillor Report: An extra £1 million has been allocated for mental health considered to be the cause of many other social problems and offences, also £500,000 for tackling ganging. Pot holes and road defects are being address systematically and money has been allocated to repair footpaths.
Several highways defects were reported to Kevin, the missing man hole cover on Maldon Road (again!), flooding areas near Kemps Farm and the Plough and the poor state of the verge at the beginning of Copt Hall Lane owing to large vehicles passing others, all will be looked into.
Public-Have Your Say: Cat feeding outside the Salcott play area is considered to be a problem for residents living opposite encouraging cats to foul in their gardens. CBC Environmental Health has visited and stated that they have no powers to prevent this. A Human Rights website may be able to assist the residents in taking matters further and the suggestion of collecting as much photographic evidence was made.
Declarations of Interest: None
- Playgrounds and Playing Fields are in good order and grass cutting will start as soon as the weather permits. Community Workers have started with very minor tidying up type jobs.
- County Broadband update: More residents are needed for commitment to the fibre network project so please do register now for this to progress forward for the benefit of all our residents countybroadbandfibre.co.uk
- Free Trees from the Woodland Trust was discussed but considered to be unsuitable for us as costs incurred for planting and maintenance could be considerable.
- Salcott Telephone Box was discussed for its future and will be considered further.
- Transport Meetings Representative: ECC will be contacted to request if an interested resident can attend these meetings.
- Silent Soldiers was discussed for the future with the probability of their safe storage to continue as it is and be erected each year at the appropriate time.
- Actions and Reminder List – updated
|190356||Proposal: Variation of condition 3 (materials) of application 180680: change of tile specification at Wheatlands, Church Road, Peldon|
|190005||Proposal: To decommission and remove existing cesspool which serves the existing home office and to install a new Klargester biodisc sewage treatment plant to serve the home office and two bedroomed dwelling in converted barn tank at New Hall, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough – Approve conditional|
|190077||Proposal: Remediation: removal and reinstatement of Kerosene contaminated brickwork and sub-floor materials, installation of gas resistant membrane and passive vent system at Church Cottage, Church Road, Peldon – Approve conditional|
|102012||R J Playle – hedge cutting||£60.00|
|102013||St Mary the Virgin, Peldon – magazine entries||£180.00|
|102014||Peldon & Wigboroughs Community Hall – hire||£20.00|
|102015||R S Pullen – Clerk’s salary March||£439.73|
|102016||R S Pullen – expenses (petrol, ink, paper, fittings, etc.)||£351.09|
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 9th April 2019 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough.