WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th December 2008.
Present: Lynne Simmons, Kevin Bradshaw, Phil Gladwin, Robert Davidson, Jane Banks, Nicky Ellis, Sam Knill Jones, Andrew Ellis and 2 members of the public.
Apologies for absence: Jinny Gale, Frances Fergus, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed by the chairman with the alteration of one word from ‘monitory’ to ‘monetary’.
Borough Councillors: Our new Borough Councillor for Birch and Winstree, Andrew Ellis, was given a warm welcome. Who replied with thanks and that he would do his utmost to serve us well and try to be as good a Borough Councillor as Peter Crowe had been.
The Appeal Hearing with regard to the refusal of the Bellwood application held in the Town Hall in Feb 09 will be attended by Kevin Bentley.
There is to be a liaison meeting with Essex & Suffolk Water and parish councils to discuss the community funds stemmed from the Abberton Reservoir expansion application.
Gritting of icy roads has been an issue and Barnhall Road in particular is a problem that will be taken up again.
Public – Have Your Say – more on the lack of gritting and the constant flow of water down Barnhall Road.
Declarations of Interest – None.
- Bellwood – appeal hearing in Feb 09 – we will ask CBC if attendance would be appropriate and if it would assist in enforcing the decision of refusal.
- Abberton Reservoir – Nicky proposed, Kevin seconded and all agreed for Phil to be our spokesperson in the Abberton Reservoir Liaison Group.
- Peldon Hall Frontage – Mersea Homes are to be contacted with regard to the pavement cracks. The ditch will be strimmed now and again by us and any blockage investigated. Letters are to be written to householders about the frontage.
- Communications Committee – rescheduled to next month
- Villages Appraisal – a meeting has been held by the Action Group and a questionnaire is being devised and costing to be summarized for January’s meeting when our precept is discussed and has to be decided for the next financial year.
- The Way we Work – rescheduled to next month
- Grants obtained and applied for – £12,000 has been obtained from CBC Town and Parish Grant Scheme for Peldon play equipment. More grants have and will be applied for.
- Grant obtained – A grant of £1,500 has been obtained from ECC for improvements to Moss Hay footpath which will be dealt with when the weather is dryer.
081888 amended description of proposal: Approval of the details of the layout, scale, appearance, access and landscaping of the site at Peldon Old Rectory, Church Road
Notice of Planning Decision:
081761 Proposal: Change of use and conversion of first floor storage space to existing outbuilding to a home office with toilet and washing facilities at New Hall Farm, Copt Lane, Little Wigborough – Permission Granted
081763 Listed Building application as above – consent granted
081792 Listed Building application for two storey side extension at Horn Farm, The Street, Salcott – Consent Granted
071709 Proposal: Use of agricultural land as Trout Farm and monitoring temporary accommodation at Bellwood, Colchester Road, Great Wigborough. Appeal of refusal of planning permission will have a informal hearing at the Town Hall on 3rd Feb 09.
081593 Proposal: Formal change of use of agricultural land adjacent to Rose Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. An appeal has been lodged against CBC with the Planning Inspectorate.
080443 Proposal: Erection of a one and a half storey side extension, living room and bedroom at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott. The Inspectorate has dismissed the appeal against the refusal by CBC for this application.
101443 R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for Dec new rate + back pay from April £415.82
101444 Audit Commission – audit £158.63
101445 SLCC – annul subs £94.00
101446 A Moore – play insp. £25.00
101447 Tollesbury St. Mary’s PCC – mag entry £50.00
101448 T Hedger – cutting of Peldon Church green £180.00
101449 T Simmons – play insp. £25.00
The next meeting will be at Peldon Village Hall on Tuesday 13th Jan 09 at 7.30pm.