WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th January 2009.
Present: Jane Banks, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, Frances Fergus, Nicky Ellis, Lynne Simmons, Kevin Bradshaw, Sam Knill Jones, Robert Davidson, John Jowers, Kevin Bentley, Andrew Ellis and one member of the public
Apologies for absence: None
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed by the chairman with one alteration at 7. obtained from ‘ECC Community Initiative Funding (CIF)’ and CBC Town and Parish Grant Scheme etc.
County Councillor: There will be money for power plants using farm waste for cheap heating for affordable housing. Lead by Environmental Agency and Natural England the shore line management plan is to be altered. The request is for wind farms not to be on land. The Regional Assembly is being abolished. There should be more incentive to land owners to supply land for affordable housing which can be part owned and for which the criteria for having one may be controlled by the village itself. Community Initiative Funds and Youth CIFs will continue. Many of the houses allocated for this part of the country have been built already.
Peldon Village Hall money granted to them in the last year’s scheme was withdrawn as their project has changed. Funding from elsewhere was confirmed as village halls are an important part of rural life. Essex is 72% rural.
Borough Councillors: There was a speed gun in operation in Peldon recently and apparently some were caught. Gritting of Barnhall Road has been requested again. There has been a request for a salt bin to be situated along The Street in Salcott. Excess water on the road by Hillside Farm in Great Wigborough will be investigated next time it appears.
Chevrons on a bend in Great Wigborough have been knocked over and will be reported to ECC Highways. The spending of the money acquired from the Abberton Reservoir expansion scheme is to be decided by a panel from the local parish councils. Liaison with Essex and Suffolk Water will be constant.
Public – Have Your Say – none
Declarations of Interest: none
- CALC – as yet Ian Vipond CBC has not replied to our letter. One or two of us will attend the next meeting on 19th Jan.
- The Way We Work – a forward calendar of agendas and a rolling action/tracking list was suggested to enable us to be more efficient. This was considered to be a good idea that we will proceed with.
- Freedom of Information Act – Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed to adopt the new model publication of this act. We are in the process of preparing our detailed document that will comply with this act. An article will be placed in the magazines to this effect.
- VDS meeting was held and the questionnaire is nearly finalised. There are approx 400 households all together and printing will be a major part of the costs plus a money prize incentive to return. Freepost for returning is being looked into.
- Precept for the next year was discussed and even including expected expenses for the VDS it was thought appropriate to drop our precept by £1000 which Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed.
- Emergency Plan – postponed till next month
- Local Development Framework – no sites have been supported in our villages. Discussions will take place between us from now until our next meeting and an article in the magazines requesting any further input from the public following our public meeting for our reply to CBC on the consultation by 27th Feb.
- Peldon Fireworks – post-event Safety Report will, hopefully, be discussed at our next meeting. A PC representative will join Sparklers Committee.
- Peldon Village Hall – hire charge increase request of £10 per session was proposed by Jinny, seconded by Nicky and all agreed.
082140 Proposal: Building to house farm vehicles etc. to support farm at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
Notice of Planning Decisions:
081888 Proposal: Approval of the details of the layout, scale, appearance, access and landscaping of the site (hereinafter called “the reserved matters”) at Peldon Old Rectory, Church Road – The Reserved Matters Approved
081928 Proposal: Removal of condition 13 of 080505 at Peldon Garage – Permission Granted
101450 R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for Jan 09 £349.02
101451 A Moore – play area inspection £25.00
101452 Zurich Insurance – increase of public liability, sparklers additions £633.94
101453 Littlethorpe of Leicester Ltd. – bus shelter (grant obtained) £5382.00
101454 Peldon Village Hall – hire £82.00
101455 T Simmons – play area inspection £25.00
The next meeting will be at Salcott Village Hall on Tuesday 10th February 09 7.30pm.