WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Wednesday 12th November 2008.
Present: Frances Fergus, Nicky Ellis, Jane Banks, Jinny Gale, Robert Davidson, Phil Gladwin, Kevin Bradshaw, Sam Knill Jones, Lynne Simmons, Kevin Bentley and 2 members of the public.
Apologies for absence: None
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed with two alterations: a) Borough Councilliors’ section should be ‘There will be an investigation and we note there was no money in Icelandic banks on 01/05/08’ (deleting: ‘because they had been advised that it was a bad investment had taken the money out but put it back in some months later’). b) 6. Meetings and courses attended – adding ‘it was agreed to write to Ian Vipond, Executive Director at CBC, with our concerns about CALC’. After these amendments the minutes were signed by the chairman.
Borough Councillors: We are hopeful of Police or PCSO attendance to our meetings now and again, and are expecting a letter from the Police to that effect.
It has been noted that some people, when moving house, are taking the green plastic waste boxes with them. Please leave them for the next occupant as the boxes are for the property and not the people. There will be a delivery of clear waste sacks fairly soon.
The Bellwood site is being carefully monitored and we are chasing up the date for the appeal of the last refusal to be heard.
Public – Have Your Say: If the Police or PCSO are to come to our meetings they must get to know our villages first for this to be of any value.
Dog mess was taken out of the bin and spread on the children’s slide in the play area.
Declarations of Interest – None
- Abberton Reservoir Planning Application – CBC Planning Committee meeting to discuss this was held on Tuesday 11th Nov 08 at 6pm in the Town Hall and was attended by seven of us. Also in attendance were the full planning committee, Sue Jackson, planning officer for this application, about 10 people from the water company and approximately 36 other people, parish councillors, etc. Sue Jackson gave a lengthy explanation of the application. Then followed speeches from both sides. Parish councillors, a borough councillor and one or two public members made our case for certain requests and conditions. Phil Gladwin and Kevin Bentley spoke extremely well for us, stating our requests most eloquently for which we thanked them. Phil thanked the parish councillors, friend and clerk for supporting him by being there. Then followed a few speakers in reply from the Water Company. The Planning Committee discussed their views on the matter and the application was passed with conditions to be finalised in great detail. There will be some monitory gain for community benefit and resurfacing roads that is yet to be clarified. Also we and Kevin Bentley will meet again with the Water Board to try to obtain a good package for the local parish councils affected by this application, including a hot line for complaints during the work process.
- Sparklers – the event went very well this year with safety being of the utmost importance at all times. We have received a letter from NALC (National Association of Local Councils) in reply to ours with regard to whether or not parish councillors are individually liable and highlight an extract that is the crux of the matter ‘Parish councils are all corporate bodies created by statute or by royal charter. It is the corporate body acting in its own name which undertakes activities conferred on it by statute and is therefore capable of owning or transferring land, entering into contracts and taking or defending legal action. A body corporate has a separate and distinct legal entity to the individuals who compose and work for it’. We will write back to say thank you but no more assistance is thought necessary. Robert Kean will be asked to carry out a post event report for all to discuss. It was suggested and considered by all to be a good idea for our chairman to be on the Sparklers Committee.
- Local Development Framework Site Allocations – 4 of our parish councillors met with Mark Edgerley, CBC Planning Policy Officer, to discuss our meeting in Peldon village hall and he has summarized our views taken from our summary of the questionnaires and points put forward at our meeting. Mark is to be emailed to change his wording with regard to the closure of Peldon shop from ‘not viable’ to ‘due to ill health’. It was generally considered acceptable for a small number of small houses to be built within our villages.
- Clerks annual pay increase – Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed for the clerk to receive the pay increase in line with NALC guidelines back dated to April 2008.
- Dog bins – unfortunately the promised additional bins were subject to funds which the obtaining of would appear to have been misunderstood at CBC level. But existing ones may be reallocated so we have put in our suggested sites for 4 new dog bins.
- Rose Barn – a letter will be sent to finalize this matter and explain that planning permission is entirely up to CBC.
- Communications Committee – have met and have discussed item 8.
- Village Design Statement/Appraisal – 12 people have come forward who are willing to help and work to accomplish a VDS or Appraisal. Cost will be kept to a minimum and it will be a combined document for all our villages.
- Peldon Hall Frontage – the hedge has been cut. More to be discussed and dealt with at the next meeting.
10. Telephone boxes – we have been informed that Great Wigborough phone box is to stay but that will be confirmed.
11. Minutes in parish magazines – we received a request for more contact details of the parish councillors to be put in the Tollesbury and Salcott magazine. We will ask if this can be done.
081763 Proposal: Listed Building application for change and conversion of first floor storage space to existing outbuilding to a home office with toilet and washing facilities at New Hall, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough
081888 Proposal: Outline application for demolition of existing cottage and the construction of residential unit for three autistic adults with complex needs at The Old Rectory, Church Road, Peldon
081928 Proposal: Removal of condition 13 of 080505 at Peldon Garage
081654 Proposal: Extension of existing pedestrian crossover ditch to form new vehicle crossover and hardstanding in front garden at The Bungalow, Mersea Road, Peldon has been withdrawn.
Notice of Planning Decision:
C/COL/04/0337 Proposal: Change of use from agricultural holding to create a residential curtilage and conversion of former farm building to ancillary domestic use at Harveys Farm, Wigborough Road, Peldon – Permission Granted
101436 R S Pullen – clerk’s fee for Nov 08 £340.67
101437 Peldon Village Hall – hire £112.00
101438 T Hedger – cutting Salcott meadow hedge £40.00
101439 R S Pullen – clerk’s expenses £124.50
101440 A Moore – play insp. repair picnic table & rope ladder, clean slide £75.00
101441 Keith Banks – 2 x grass cuts of Moss Hay £80.00
101442 T Simmons – play insp. £25.00
The next meeting will be at Salcott Village Hall on Tuesday 9th Dec 08 at 7.30pm.