WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm.on Tuesday 8th April 2008.
Present: Jane Banks, Frances Fergus, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Kevin Bradshaw, Kevin Bentley, Peter Crowe and 3 members of public
Apologies for absence: Nicky Ellis, Robert Davidson, Sam Knill Jones
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed by the vice chairman
Borough Councillors: A meeting will be held to discuss our joint condition demands with all surrounding parish councils with regard to the Abberton Reservoir expansion planning application when it is brought before the CBC Planning Committee, where we are requesting a one only application session on that occasion.
The deadline for Bellwood to submit an appeal is in May, later than was previously thought. After this date pressure will be applied for immediate action.
Public – Have Your Say: Pot holes are a constant issue and a website was given to us – www.fixmystreet.com for reporting pot holes and following the outcome. Alternatively ring 01206 838600 for ECC Highways Department.
It was brought to our attention that quite a few people put their rubbish out on the wrong day or the night before collection and some put out the wrong type of rubbish for that week. Also they are not making sure it is secure so with winds and animals about there is rubbish strewn and blowing everywhere. We are extremely lucky in that we have a volunteer who litter picks for Peldon Village but that is an impossible task if people are inconsiderate with their own refuse bags. We have details from people’s rubbish that were found in the street recently so if they offend again we may take further action. We are very grateful to Archie for his hard work in trying to keep the village tidy.
Declarations of Interests: None.
- Abberton Reservoir planning application meetings – our proposed response was discussed at length and is being finalized ensuring that we include everything.
- Adoption of Changes to Standing Order 60 – Phil proposed, Jane seconded and all agreed to adopt the changes which will take effect from our next meeting.
- The Way We Work – Update on the Parish Council Training Session – a DVD on a light hearted set up of a parish council meeting with many errors to observe was watched by all. We have learned various points from it which we will carry out but still allowing public contribution during a meeting, as this can be to our advantage with certain knowledge of situations, but at the chairman’s discretion.
We await new guidelines on the process of handling complaints.
Our Communications Committee has yet to meet.
- Grant money – more ideas were talked about but none that would meet the criteria for this scheme. But it was brought to our attention that the meadow at Salcott needs maintenance because it is uneven in places so the cost of top soil will be looked sort.
- Salcott to Peldon Road Scheme – ECC Highways Officers, Borough and County Councillors and representatives from our Parish Council attended a meeting at ECC Highways offices. We were shown a comprehensive plan to improve safety on this road and told that implementation of this would take place all this year or spread over two years depending on budget approval. We will receive confirmation very shortly. We would like to thank all our Borough Councillors and our County Councillor for their continued support and help with our campaign for this. Also we would like to thank the public who have reported accidents to us enabling us to keep an up to date log to support our case for these improvements.
- Peldon Church green cutting – Phil proposed, Lynne seconded and all agreed for Terry Hedger to do this again for us this next year.
- NALC legal information with regard to Sparklers will be on next month’s agenda when everybody has had a chance to read it.
080505 Proposal: Resubmission of reserved matters application for demolition of bungalow and petrol station and erection of 5no.houses and private garages at Peldon Garage, Lower Road, Peldon
An enforcement report concerning unauthorized works at Rose Barn, Colchester Road, Peldon was to be considered by the Planning Committee 27th March 08.
080676 Proposal: General purpose steel portal frame building at Brooklyn Farm, Great Wigborough
080678 Proposal: Change of use from agricultural land to garden forming part of Rose Barn at Rose Barn, Colchester Road, Peldon
080679 Proposal: Change of use from residential annex to studio, extension of studio at The Annexe, 2 Brick Cottages, Peldon Road, Little Wigborough
CBC Black and clear sack delivery will be on Friday 9th May 08 for all our villages. For more details see notice boards or [email protected]
CBC Local Development Framework on ‘site allocations options and issues options report’ concerning land that could be allocated for development will be on next month’s agenda for discussion.