Supporting the local community
News by Subject
Essex-&-Suffolk-Water With thanks to Essex & Suffolk Water for funding support of this website through the Abberton Reservoir Community Fund.

abberton rights of way

PC Minutes 8th September 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th September 2015

Present: Nicky Ellis, Bob Holmes, Liz Davidson, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis, Zone Warden and 14 members of the public

Apologies for absence: John Walker, Rob Surface, Kevin Bentley

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Warden Report: The Police and Zone Wardens have carried out speed checks in local villages, several were exceeding the limit and 46 mph in a 30 limit was the highest recorded speed. Culprits of littering will be prosecuted and somebody who threw a cigarette end out of a car window was fined £740 in court. Dog fouling culprits have and will continue to be prosecuted.  Zone Wardens now wear high vis jackets for their own safety and are now more easily identifiable.  A local source for selling the CBC food waste bins is being looked into. Zone Wardens will assist groups with equipment etc if they wish to carry out organised litter picking events in their area.

Borough Councillor: There is S106 money available for recreational capital projects from new build at Salcott and ideas will be considered.

Public-Have Your Say: Concern was raised about loose dogs.  Concern was also raised about accidents and speeding along the main road through our villages, taking out telegraph poles at frequent intervals, people being hurt badly and even killed, see item 5.

Declarations of Interest: None

1.   Playgrounds and Playing Fields: Work on Moss Hay is still on-going subject to availability of volunteers and workers time. Quotes for resurfacing and funding the footpath are still being investigated. Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed to ask Richard Playale to cut all the surrounding hedges that he can.  A broken bin top at Salcott will be looked into for replacing and the possibility for using the S106 money for rolling Salcott meadow will be explored.  It was decided not to obtain old equipment from Abberton and Langenhoe as it would be too costly in several ways. 

2.   Emergency Plan: Evidence would suggest that major incidents would now be dealt with by the main organizations, therefore it was decided that the PC’s  role in any crisis would be much more about local communication and helping one another therefore a simple up to date list of contacts and local information points will be compiled.   

3.   Standing Orders and Code of Conduct: The NALC (National Association of Local Councils) latest version of Standing Orders is appropriate for us. We signed the CBC Code of Conduct which will be tweaked to encompass our needs and then all our policies will be grouped together on the website. 

4.   Grass cutting statement: A statement on frequency and cost of grass cutting on our fields for the future has been devised and agreed and will be placed on the website and noticeboards.

5.   Speeding and Accidents: Noting recent accidents including a fatality concern has been expressed yet again about speeding vehicles along the main road.  A campaign beginning with a petition for a speed limit of 40mph has been set up. Anyone wishing to sign please contact David Crook on 01206 735645 or email davidrcrook@gmail.com .We will also approach Colchester Association of Local Councils for  the parish council representative on the Local Highways Panel for assistance in any way possible for this proposed speed limit.

6.   Essex Rural Strategy Consultation Event: A report was circulated prior to the meeting which including mention of updating the strategy with what has already been achieved, future aims and new issues to be considered particularly ‘community safety’.  The consultation will close at the end of September and the revised strategy should be published in early 2016.

7.   Finances for Year 2014/15: To confirm that the financial report for 2014/15 has been externally audited and displayed on the noticeboards and website. The Parish Council continues to hold approximately one year’s funds in hand for possible emergencies.

8.   Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way: A report from the last meeting was given indicating decisions made including the purchase of a motorized wheelchair which can be used in the central section of footpaths.  Having discussed the proposals on various aspects of the different sections of the footpath that are in our remit the parish council gave Phil a mandate to vote as instructed following the discussion. Maps will be produced to show the footpaths and who (cycles, walkers, horse riders) can use them. Also an update of all the developments will be published in the magazine shortly.

9.   Actions and Reminders List – updated

Correspondence:

  • Essex Police reply to our letter of concern
  • Salcott Saltmarsh Event 4th Oct
  • Rural Housing – Housing Company
  • CBC – Individual Electoral Registration
  • The Essex Playing Field – Summer 2015
  • Thank you from Great and Little Wigs PCC
  • EALC AGM & ECC Annual Conference 24th Sept 2015
Planning Applications:
151476 Proposal: Infill to create entrance hall and relocate bathroom at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
151503 Proposal: removal on condition 02 of planning permission COL/102275/FUL to allow the building to be used as a B1, B2 & B8 at Pantiles Farm, Peldon Road, Abberton
150877 Proposal: Restore an outbuilding to its original function as a stand-alone studio. Remove asbestos roof and replace with reclaimed clay tiled roof, with 2 Velux roof light replacing current corrugated plastic roof light and render end wall. Demolish poor quality brick, timber and blockwork extension and level floor at Cob Cottage, Salcott Street, Salcott – Withdrawn
151650 Proposal: New roof structure, cladding and works at Waterways, Mersea Road, Peldon
151607 Proposal: Gable roof to right hand projection to create a balanced shape and form to the overall dwelling at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
151716 Proposal: Building for recreational games room and covered poolside seating in connection with existing dwelling and residence at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
151918 Proposal: Double garage sited in front of dwelling and rear extension orangery/garden room at Longacre, School Lane, Great Wigborough
Planning Decisions:
151476 Proposal: Infill to create entrance hall and relocate bathroom at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott  Approve conditional

Finances:
101843 Mr B Gooding – play insp x 6 £180.00
101844 R S Pullen – Aug and Sept salary £751.30
101845 R S Pullen – expenses (ink, phone, petrol etc.) £232.27
101846 T Simmons- – play insp x 2, grass cuts x 4 £240.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 13th October 2015 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough to include attendance from a Neighbourhood Watch representative and a report from the meeting at EA offices re Salcott flooding.

Share

PC Minutes 14th July 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th July 2015

Present: John Walker, Nicky Ellis, Bob Holmes, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Liz Davidson, Rob Surface, Netty Knill-Jones, Robert Davidson, Andrew Ellis and 5 members of the public

Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Wardens Report – None received

Borough Councillors: Attempts will be made to repair and replace missing road and village signage with the help of CBC personnel as we are unable to get any action from ECC.  Abberton and Langenhoe are replacing their play equipment and surfacing so the old is available and will be viewed by us for possible interest.  A Casualty Reduction Team Officer is willing to attend a future meeting of ours which will be arranged.  A CBC Planning Officer will also visit in due course to listen to the parish council’s views on the Local Plan and proposed sites.

Public-Have Your Say: The installation of speed survey strips was discussed at length and a request had been made for all three roads in Peldon, Lower, Church and St Ives to receive this speed assessment measure and enquiries will be made to this end.  A request for litter picking bag hoops was repeated and will be chased up.  ECC Highways will be contacted for an overgrown verge in Peldon.

Declarations of Interest – None

1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: Work at Moss Hay is on-going, the growth along the footpath has been cut back and quotes to resurface the footpath are being sought for which grants will be investigated for funding. The new zip wire will be tightened. Extra playground maintenance courses were considered not to be necessary.

2. Emergency Plan: Progress has been made and hopefully this will be completed for our next meeting.

3. Standing Orders and Code of Conduct: Up to date versions will be looked at from appropriate bodies with a view to adding our specific requirements.

4. Small Project Ideas: Peldon Borough Councillor fund could possibly be used to help fund Moss Hay footpath.  Ideas for Salcott and the Wigs will be gathered.

5. Grass cutting: The cutting of the small area of grass in front of Peldon Church has become an issue therefore a rota of volunteers will be sought and our insurance looked into.  The loose rubber on Moss Hay has been a problem for cutting the grass but Liz has managed a brilliant job for which we thanked her. The grass at Salcott meadow will be cut for the two events we have had requests for.

6. Operation of Speed Watch: No one further has come forward showing an interest in training to carry out this operation. We will answer an email we received about this.

7. Neighbourhood Watch Schemes: Having received a small interest enquires will be made as to the possibility of a scheme in this neighbourhood.

8. Salcott Flooding: Having now heard back from Environmental Agency with several emails including photos of ditches etc and their view on matters at their suggestion a meeting, to include Andrew will be arranged, at their offices to discuss matters further and inform them of what we consider to be their misinformation, a summary of the situation so far will be sent to Priti Patel.

9. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way: There had not been a meeting of this committee since last month but a site meeting at Lodge Lane, Peldon is to be arranged.   

10. Actions and Reminders List – updated and taking note that we have not received a full answer to our letter to the Police Crime Commissioner for Essex about local crimes as yet and that the matter of crime will be brought up by our representative attending the Essex Rural Strategy Consultation Event later this month. Also we will make enquiries about the suitability of a clothes bank requested by Air Ambulance to help with funding the operation which is hugely expensive.

Planning Applications:
151462 Proposal: Cart lodge at The Anchorage, Lower Road, Peldon
Planning Decisions:
150726 (and 150727 Listed Building application) Proposal: Demolition of existing greenhouse and construction of a single storey residential annexe at East Anglian Farm Rides, Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon – Approve conditional
150927 Proposal: Two dormer windows to first floor to improve internal daylight/ventilation bedroom environment at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Approve Conditional
150866 Proposal: Construction of a new B2 industrial building at Hosplant Ltd. Unit 1, St Ives Farm, St Ives Road, Peldon – Approve conditional
15111 Proposal: Alteration of existing garage outbuildings to form 2 bed dwelling at Bucklands, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough – Refuse

Finances:

101836 Peldon PCC – churchyard upkeep £200.00
101837 Salcott PCC – churchyard upkeep £200.00
101838 Great and Little Wigboroughs PCC – churchyards upkeep £400.00
101839 R S Pullen – July salary £375.65
101840 Peldon Village Hall – hire £80.00
101841 PKF Littlejohn LPP – external audit £240.00
101842 T Simmons – play insp, 2 x cuts, Salcott hedge, Moss Hay footpath £170.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 8th Sept 2015 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall

Share