Supporting the local community
News by Subject
Essex-&-Suffolk-Water With thanks to Essex & Suffolk Water for funding support of this website through the Abberton Reservoir Community Fund.

neighbourhood watch

PC Minutes 8th December 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Website: www.winstred100.org

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th December 2015

Present: Liz Davidson, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis and one member of the public

Apologies for absence: Bob Holmes, Nicky Ellis, John Walker, Robert Davidson, Kevin Bentley

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Wardens Report: None received

Borough Councillor: Both pot holes and the dipped road either side of the bridge in Mill Lane will be looked into.  All missing road signs will be followed up yet again.

Public-Have Your Say: None

Declarations of Interest: None

Items for Discussion

1.   Neighbourhood Watch:  Having received a small interest the people concerned will be given the information from the representative who attended our meeting to follow up further if they so wish.

2.   Playgrounds and Playing Fields:  The Community Group has carried out some really excellent clearance work on Moss Hay and will be coming again to finish. Peldon Village Hall is needed for these workers and a charge at normal rate will follow.  The footpath is looking much better as a result and refurbishment is thought not be necessary for the time being. Costing for the renewal of Salcott playground fencing is still being investigated.

3.   Salcott Flooding:  Following much correspondence and a meeting with the Environment Agency they have effectively said there is no problem.  Clearing the creek is the responsibility of neighbouring landowners who must inform the Environment Agency before carrying out any such works. The Parish Council has written to Colchester Borough Council requesting that they take into account our thoughts and concerns on this matter when constructing the new Local Plan. Having brought this to the attention of all appropriate bodies the Parish Council has explored all avenues on this matter and feels that it is unable to do any more at this time.

4.   Total Transport Project/FutureGov:  The Parish Council had previously organized a shopping bus for residents who do not have their own means of transport but this was not sufficiently used. Fortunately some people are frequently helped out by kind hearted neighbours. A scheme providing tokens for taxis for people unable to get to doctors’ appointments etc. used to be available and will be looked into to see if it or something similar is still on-going.

5.   Bus Timetable Changes/Transportation Meeting Representative:  Although the bus timetable alterations and lack of reasonable notification were considered extremely inconvenient for some people the bus companies can and do change them periodically as they feel fit in order to make connections with other routes. Transportation Meetings will continue to be attended by our representative where concerns can be aired.

6.   Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities:  Requirements for the Transparency Code were discussed and some aspects of this are already in place and others will be addressed shortly including that any correspondence, planning notifications or invoices that arrive after the agenda has been published and displayed will not be included until the following month. Also we are waiting for Essex Association of Local Councils to produce their model template for Data Protection.  

7.   Actions and Reminders List – updated and including that the website has suffered problems that are currently being addressed.

Planning Decisions:

152170Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
Refused
152121Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott – Approve conditional
152149Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott – Approve conditional
152302Proposal: Variation of Condition 2 of Planning Permission 150866 in order to add drawing nos. 563-4 and 563-5 and omit drawing nos. GHP/HP/15/01 and GHP/HP/15/02 at Hosplant Ltd. Unit 1 – Approve conditional

Finances:

101855Business Services at CAS Ltd. – Insurance£1,102.31
101856R S Pullen – December salary£375.65
101857Society of Local Council Clerks – annual subs£69.87
101858Peldon PCC – mag entries£250.00
101859Tollesbury PCC – mag entries£70.00
101860Mr B Gooding – play insp£30.00
101861T Simmons – play insp£30.00
101862R Davidson & Son – Moss Hay grass cuts x 8£432.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 12th January 2016 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough

Share

PC Agenda 10th November 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

A meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council will be held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 10th November 2015

Apologies for absence:

Minutes of the last meeting

Zone Wardens Report

Borough and County Councillors

Public-Have Your Say

Declarations of Interest

Items for Discussion

  1. Neighbourhood Watch
  • Has there been any further interest in setting up a scheme in any of our villages following the request for coordinators?
  • Decision required: Should we take this further at this time and if so how?
  1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields
  • Reports on both play areas and fields
  • Progress on work completed and work ongoing including footpath quotes and possible funding, rubber, hedge work, etc. on Moss Hay
  • Decision required: What work needs attention now?
  1. Salcott Flooding
  • Any subsequent correspondence on the matter to date
  • Decision required: What further action can the PC take at this time?
  1. S106 Monies and Borough Councillor Fund
  • Discuss any projects/schemes for the funds
  1. Process for agreeing the Parish Council planning comments
  • Discuss our previous guidelines and consider whether still appropriate
  •  Decision required: Agree to how we should implement these ‘rules’.
  1. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way
  • Parish council response to R of W Committee noted
  1. Bus Service Questionnaire
  • Decision required: To consider and agree John’s return statement
  1. Actions and Reminders List – update

Planning Applications:

152293 Proposal: Single storey side extension at Elm Tree Cottage, Church Road, Peldon
152363 Proposal: Insertion of windows and doors into existing garage structure with alterations and ground floor extension to provide ancillary accommodation for dependent relatives (resubmission of application no. 151111) at Bucklands, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough

Planning Decisions:

151918 Proposal: Double garage sited in front of dwelling and rear extension orangery/garden room at Longacre, School Lane, Great Wigborough – Approve conditional

Finances:

101852 R S Pullen – November salary£375.65

The next meeting will be on Tues 8th December 2015 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall

Share

PC Minutes 13th October 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th October 2015

Present: Netty Knill-Jones, John Walker, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Jinny Gale, Liz Davidson, Bob Holmes, Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley, Grahame Stehle (Neighbourhood Watch Colchester Coordinator) and 3 members of the public

Apologies for absence: Nicky Ellis, Robert Davidson, Zone Wardens

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Wardens Report: None sent but they will follow up anything that they can deal with for us. They have replaced a broken bin lid at Salcott for which we are very grateful.

Borough Councillor:  A disturbing matter at Virley is being looked into. A planning application will be ‘called in’ to be presented before CBC Planning Committee.

County Councillor: The new ward boundaries will be published on 26th October and elections will take place next May for all Borough Councillors. An application has been submitted to the Local Highways Panel for speed rumble strips to be placed on all 3 roads in Peldon, Lower, Church and St Ives. It was suggested the parish council should reply to the consultation on new Policing expressing our dissatisfaction with certain elements of the new regime following severe cut backs.

Public-Have Your Say: None

Declarations of Interest: Liz Davidson for Item 6.

1.   Neighbourhood Watch – Grahame Stehle gave a very interesting and informative presentation explaining exactly what is involved. The parish council considered such schemes to be a good idea in our villages particularly with the recent local break-ins some have experienced. The next step is to find interested coordinators.

2.   Playgrounds and Playing Fields – Hedge trimming on Moss Hay has taken place and the loose rubber needs addressing when workforce is available. Quotes and funding for refurbishing the footpath are being sought. The Community Group will be contacted again for any suitable work that they can do for us.

3.   Environment Agency Offices – meeting re: Salcott Flooding and following report and subsequent emailing from various sources was discussed. Both Kevin and Andrew will take on certain matters to assist in obtaining some positive action to resolve this on-going problem. All residents are reminded that clearance of boundary ditches, roadside and creek side, are their responsibility and failure to do so can result in prosecution.

4.   S106 Monies and Borough Councillor Fund – new fencing for the Salcott playground will be explored, fitted or not of either wood or galvanized metal.

5.   Public Welcome Sheet – explaining what is requested of the public attending a meeting was decided to be a good idea that we will adopt.

6.   Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way –

Footpath from Peldon to Wigborough; all opportunities for land to be made available for this popular route have been researched (and are still being discussed) currently there is no immediate prospect for this route to go ahead but we agreed that it was still worth pursuing should an opportunity be presented.

The Parish Council are in favour of upgrading the Essex and Suffolk (ESW) permissive footpath between the top of Lodge Lane and the permissive bridleway adjacent to Pete Tye to permissive bridleway to help ensure safety of horses, riders and other road users. There will be expenditure on screening and drainage here that the Parish Council thought are very worthwhile.

The Parish Council agreed that the ESW permissive footpath (and in part cycle way) around the central section of the Reservoir should be  upgraded to allow disabled access but not to a bridleway and that the Rights of Way Committee should buy a four wheel drive electric wheelchair (to be kept and administered by the Wildlife Trust) for use there.

The Parish Council agreed to support the upgrading of the short section of ESW permissive footpath from near Billets Farm to near Gt. Wigborough Church to bridleway as long as issues at the B 1026 end of this regarding site splay and parking can be resolved to the satisfaction of Essex County Council (ECC) Highways.

7.   Actions and Reminders List – updated, to include a request that all residents consider the Essex Rural Strategy Consultation at http://surveys.essexinsight.org.uk?EssexRuralStrategy

Planning Applications:

152170 Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
152149 Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott
152121 Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott

Planning Decisions:

151503 Proposal: removal on condition 02 of planning permission COL/102275/FUL to allow the building to be used as a B1, B2 & B8 at Pantiles Farm, Peldon Road, Abberton – Approve conditional
151650 Proposal: New roof structure, cladding and works at Waterways, Mersea Road, Peldon – Approve conditional
151607 Proposal: Gable roof to right hand projection to create a balanced shape and form to the overall dwelling at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Approve conditional

Finances:

101847 R S Pullen – October salary£375.65
101848Mr B Gooding – play insp£30.00
101849 R J Playle Services – hedge and verge cut on Moss Hay£180.00
101850 Peldon Village Hall – hire£80.00
101851 T Simmons – play insp and grass cut£75.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 10th November 2015 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall

Share

PC Minutes 14th July 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th July 2015

Present: John Walker, Nicky Ellis, Bob Holmes, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Liz Davidson, Rob Surface, Netty Knill-Jones, Robert Davidson, Andrew Ellis and 5 members of the public

Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Wardens Report – None received

Borough Councillors: Attempts will be made to repair and replace missing road and village signage with the help of CBC personnel as we are unable to get any action from ECC.  Abberton and Langenhoe are replacing their play equipment and surfacing so the old is available and will be viewed by us for possible interest.  A Casualty Reduction Team Officer is willing to attend a future meeting of ours which will be arranged.  A CBC Planning Officer will also visit in due course to listen to the parish council’s views on the Local Plan and proposed sites.

Public-Have Your Say: The installation of speed survey strips was discussed at length and a request had been made for all three roads in Peldon, Lower, Church and St Ives to receive this speed assessment measure and enquiries will be made to this end.  A request for litter picking bag hoops was repeated and will be chased up.  ECC Highways will be contacted for an overgrown verge in Peldon.

Declarations of Interest – None

1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: Work at Moss Hay is on-going, the growth along the footpath has been cut back and quotes to resurface the footpath are being sought for which grants will be investigated for funding. The new zip wire will be tightened. Extra playground maintenance courses were considered not to be necessary.

2. Emergency Plan: Progress has been made and hopefully this will be completed for our next meeting.

3. Standing Orders and Code of Conduct: Up to date versions will be looked at from appropriate bodies with a view to adding our specific requirements.

4. Small Project Ideas: Peldon Borough Councillor fund could possibly be used to help fund Moss Hay footpath.  Ideas for Salcott and the Wigs will be gathered.

5. Grass cutting: The cutting of the small area of grass in front of Peldon Church has become an issue therefore a rota of volunteers will be sought and our insurance looked into.  The loose rubber on Moss Hay has been a problem for cutting the grass but Liz has managed a brilliant job for which we thanked her. The grass at Salcott meadow will be cut for the two events we have had requests for.

6. Operation of Speed Watch: No one further has come forward showing an interest in training to carry out this operation. We will answer an email we received about this.

7. Neighbourhood Watch Schemes: Having received a small interest enquires will be made as to the possibility of a scheme in this neighbourhood.

8. Salcott Flooding: Having now heard back from Environmental Agency with several emails including photos of ditches etc and their view on matters at their suggestion a meeting, to include Andrew will be arranged, at their offices to discuss matters further and inform them of what we consider to be their misinformation, a summary of the situation so far will be sent to Priti Patel.

9. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way: There had not been a meeting of this committee since last month but a site meeting at Lodge Lane, Peldon is to be arranged.   

10. Actions and Reminders List – updated and taking note that we have not received a full answer to our letter to the Police Crime Commissioner for Essex about local crimes as yet and that the matter of crime will be brought up by our representative attending the Essex Rural Strategy Consultation Event later this month. Also we will make enquiries about the suitability of a clothes bank requested by Air Ambulance to help with funding the operation which is hugely expensive.

Planning Applications:
151462 Proposal: Cart lodge at The Anchorage, Lower Road, Peldon
Planning Decisions:
150726 (and 150727 Listed Building application) Proposal: Demolition of existing greenhouse and construction of a single storey residential annexe at East Anglian Farm Rides, Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon – Approve conditional
150927 Proposal: Two dormer windows to first floor to improve internal daylight/ventilation bedroom environment at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Approve Conditional
150866 Proposal: Construction of a new B2 industrial building at Hosplant Ltd. Unit 1, St Ives Farm, St Ives Road, Peldon – Approve conditional
15111 Proposal: Alteration of existing garage outbuildings to form 2 bed dwelling at Bucklands, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough – Refuse

Finances:

101836 Peldon PCC – churchyard upkeep£200.00
101837 Salcott PCC – churchyard upkeep£200.00
101838 Great and Little Wigboroughs PCC – churchyards upkeep£400.00
101839 R S Pullen – July salary£375.65
101840 Peldon Village Hall – hire£80.00
101841 PKF Littlejohn LPP – external audit£240.00
101842 T Simmons – play insp, 2 x cuts, Salcott hedge, Moss Hay footpath£170.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 8th Sept 2015 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall

Share

Neighbourhood Watch

Neighbourhood Watch

A special edition Neighbourhood Watch Logo

Interest in Neighbourhood Watch?

Given some unhappy recent experiences it has been suggested that it might be worth considering formally setting up Neighbourhood Watch schemes in our Villages.

Neighbourhood & Home Watch is a voluntary network of schemes where neighbours come together, along with the police and local partners, to build safe and friendly communities.

The aim of the Neighbourhood Watch and Home Watch movement is to bring neighbours together to create strong, friendly, active communities where crime and anti-social behaviour are less likely to happen.

If you would be interested in being involved with this or would like to know more please contact the Parish Council Clerk Sue Pullen on 01206 735 367 or susiepullen@btinternet.com

If enough people are interested we will organise a meeting with a Neighbourhood Watch expert to explore what is involved and what our next steps should be.

Share