Companion Dog Show 2015
Details for the Five Parishes Companion Dog Show 2015, which is held under Kennel Club Rules and Show Regulations in aid of Dogs for the Disabled are now availble to download in full (link below). Summary details are:
- Entries open at 11am on Sunday 2nd August,
- Judging starts at 1pm,
- 4 pedigree classes (Kennel Club registration not required),
- 8 ‘novelty’ classes,
- Rosettes for 1st – 5th in each class.
Download the full details by clicking this link.
The Organisers are also keen for all to be aware of the following:
DOGS IN CARS ON HOT DAYS
Your dog is vulnerable and at risk during hot weather and the Kennel Club offers the following guidance for travelling to and whilst at Kennel Club licensed events.
- When travelling to a show please take a moment to consider whether the route to the show is on a busy holiday route and leave earlier to avoid increased time in traffic jams.
- If your vehicle is not air-conditioned seriously consider whether travelling to the show is a good idea at all.
- The vehicle should be as fully ventilated as possible and plenty of stops should be taken with lots of water available to drink.
- Ensure your dog is not sitting in full sunlight. There should be plenty of free flowing air around the dog.
- When at the show never leave your dog in the vehicle.
- Keep the dog in the shade. Take your own shade – for example a large umbrella – and always have plenty of water available to drink so your dog stays well hydrated.
- Avoid your dog taking part in unnecessary exertion or standing in exposed sunlight for extended lengths of time.
Remember if you feel hot your dog is likely to feel much hotter and dehydrated and this could lead to dire results. Please look after your dog’s welfare.
WARNING: if your dog is found to be at risk, forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
Anyone whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met and should not put a dog’s health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or otherwise. Breach of Kennel Club Regulations in this respect may be referred to the General Committee for disciplinary action under Kennel Club Regulations.