WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th December 2014
Present: Charles Dymond (chair), John Walker, Jinny Gail, Phil Gladwin, Nicky Ellis, Rob Surface, Andrew Ellis, Robert Davidson and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Bob Holmes, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report – None received other than the weekly report for the whole of Colchester. The CALC meeting was attended by this and many other disgruntled parish councils where there was a police representative to explain the reasons for withdrawal of attending parish council meetings which, they say, is mainly due to funding cuts and they informed of the new-format meetings held every 8 weeks in 5 various locations around Colchester for the public to attend and express their concerns. Attendance numbers to these meetings will be monitored to establish their worth.
Zone Wardens Reports – None received
Borough and County Councillors – The drain cover has been fixed and the ‘No Through Road’ sign is scheduled for repositioning both at Salcott crossroads, and the missing village sign approaching Salcott from D’Arcy has been identified at last and will be reinstated in due course.
A bad patch of repair work along Mersea Road in Peldon will be reported for improvements. Other ditch and hedge matters in Peldon and a hedge in Great Wigborough were discussed and further action will be taken.
Certain enforcement issues in all the villages will be followed up.
Public-Have Your Say – Enquiries were made for any update on the investigation of speed reduction methods for Lower Road, Peldon which will be followed up. The rubber strips for monitoring speed were suggested as a start to establish the severity of the problem.
Declarations of Interest – None
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – at Peldon the old bark is in the process of being removed for us by the Community Team in preparation for the rubber to be installed and the signs for the new equipment are being made. We have now taken delivery of new flat swing seats which will be fitted shortly; also further hedge and ditch work will be addressed. At Salcott the new baby swing seat has been fitted and the deteriorating condition of the basketball pad has been noted for probable repair work in the spring/summer.
2. Peldon Hall Houses Hedge – a site visit had taken place and more questions arose as to how this should be tackled so a site meeting will be arranged with Peldon councillors for possible solutions and residents will be invited to attend.
3. Peldon Bus Stops/Shelter/Curbs – a site meeting with ECC Passenger Transportation Officer had taken place and he took on board all our suggestions and requirements to make these bus stops more user-friendly and it is thought that funding will be available. A specification will be drawn up for improvements needed to the brick built shelter to put the work out for tender. Suggested lighting at the bus stops was not thought to be appropriate in this rural village.
4. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way – a consultation event will take place in Peldon Village Hall on Wednesday 4th February 2015 for two drop-in sessions 4 – 6 pm and 7 – 9 pm for a short presentation, fill in a questionnaire and ask any questions, refreshments will be provided.
5. Broadband – Salcott launch event will now be in the spring as winter months are possibly not suitable for some residents.
6. Actions and Reminders List – updated including that Salcott telephone box is now added to the parish council insurance policy for a replacement value of £2,000 at a cost of £21.78 per annum.
|146240||Proposal: Listed building application for installation of secondary double glazing to 7 no. windows at Sleyes, Church Road, Peldon|
|146351||Proposal: Erection of detached two and a half storey dwelling with all habitable accommodation at first and second floor levels at Salcott Cottages, The Street, Salcott|
|145967||Proposal: Alteration to rear roof over existing projection forming gable and additional floor nursery/bedroom at Fourways, Barnhall Road, Salcott||Approve conditional|
|146055||Proposal: Rear extension at Hillside Cottage, Colchester Road, Great Wigborough||Approve conditional|
|101802||Mrs E Davidson – Moss Hay grass cuts x 8||£360.00|
|101803||B & S Chains – cradle swing and bolts||£130.33|
|101804||Business Services at CAS Ltd – annual insurance||£1,056.97|
|101805||R S Pullen – December salary||£367.57|
|101806||Sutcliffe Play – swing seats, chains & shackles||£273.82|
|101807||Tollesbury (St Mary’s) PCC – mag entries||£55.00|
|101808||T Simmons – play insp.||£30.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 13th Jan 2015 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall
Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way
There will be a consultation event in Peldon Village Hall on Wednesday 4th February 2015 for two drop-in sessions 4 – 6 pm and 7 – 9 pm for a short presentation, fill in a questionnaire and ask any questions, refreshments will be provided. All are welcome to attend.
Chairman’s Report – February 2014
At the Annual General Meeting in 2012 the community agreed in principle that the site of the old Village Hall in School Lane should be sold. The Committee is in the process of registering the land and has lodged an outline planning application for two three-bedroomed houses on the site.
The residents of the Wigboroughs and the Charity Commission both have to give final approval before the sale can take place.
The outline planning application can be seen on the Colchester Borough Council website www.colchester.gov.uk. The application number is 132631.
It should be noted that a new owner of the land may seek to vary any approved outline planning application and that the Management Committee will then have no control over any changes which CBC may agree.
13th February 2014