A meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council will be held at Salcott Village Hall 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th April 2017 to which the Councillors are summoned to attend.
Apologies for absence:
Minutes of the last meeting:
Zone Warden Report:
County and Borough Councillor Reports:
Public-Have Your Say:
Declarations of Interest:
|163198||Proposal: Single storey rear extension and alterations to ground floor. Provision of new window to west elevation of lounge at Plovers, Mersea Road, Peldon – Approve Conditional|
|101920||T J Simmons-play insp, grass cuts, fence erection, notice board repairs||£1,235.00|
|101921||Essex Wildlife Trust – meeting room hire||£96.00|
|101922||R S Pullen – clerk’s office expenses – light, heat, etc||£250.00|
|101923||R S Pullen – clerk’s salary – April||£426.82|
The next meeting will be on Tues 9th May 2017 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough which will also commence with the Annual Parish Assembly Meeting.
WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 10th March 2015
Present: Netty Knill-Jones, Bob Holmes, Rob Surface, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Nicky Ellis, Phil Gladwin, John Walker, Robert Davidson, Kevin Bentley and 4 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Andrew Ellis, Zone Warden
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Wardens Report – None
Borough and County Councillors: The new Warding Boundaries will be announced very soon. Essex Super Broadband Scheme is being rolled out and it is hoped for 95% coverage of Essex eventually. Local government will change after the election and it maybe that certain money can be reallocated to enable parish councils to organise getting work done themselves such as replacement of road signs etc.
The manhole cover at Salcott crossroads and missing fingerposts have been reported again so hopefully will be addressed soon. CBC Local Plan, submitted plots and deadline dates were discussed and a section at the end from Cllr Ellis provides details.
Public-Have Your Say: CBC Local Plan was talked about.
Declarations of Interest: Jinny as a member of the Wigboroughs Village Hall Management Committee
1. Salcott Flooding: The Environment Agency and ECC have made a site visit to assess the problems and will return with their findings and arrange another site visit to include our parish councillors.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields: Work at Moss Hay is yet to be completed but it is being addressed. Any surplus play area rubber will be relocated to Salcott.
3. CALC Meeting was attended by two of our parish councillors who listened to an informative speech from the Police and Crime Commissioner whose job it is to hold the Police to account and not actually run proceedings. Local Community Meetings and Neighbourhood Action Panels are to be merged for supposed efficiency.
4. Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way Meeting was also attended by two of our parish councillors and it was noted from the questionnaires filled in at the open sessions that there were 4 main preferred options from the public. A good percentage of the returns were from Winstred Hundred.
5. Broadband – Salcott launch date has yet to be decided with County Broadband and spring/summer now seems like a satisfactory option for a good turnout. Further residents are signing up for connection.
6. Actions and Reminders List – updated, including that we will express our interest in supporting defibrillators at Salcott and Peldon. Also Nicky proposed, John seconded and all agreed for Terry to plant the hedge plants at the front of Peldon Hall houses in Malting Road, Peldon
|150363||Proposal: 2 storey extension to provide ground WC utility and study, first floor bedroom and en suite. Demolition of existing garage and external WC at 2 Sharlands Row, The Street, Salcott|
|150112||Proposal: Revised plans for extension for 6 Peldon Crescent|
|146560||Proposal: Replacement of window and doors at Sampton Wick, Wigborough Road, Peldon|
|146599||Proposal: Listed building application for demolition of unsafe storm damaged outbuilding at Kemps Farmhouse, Mersea Road, Peldon||Approve conditional|
|101821||R S Pullen – March salary||£375.65|
|101822||R S Pullen – expenses (petrol, phone, ink, paper, etc)||£174.29|
|101823||T Simmons – play insp||£30.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 14th April 2015 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall
The timeline for the Local Plan is as follows:
Consultation on the draft Local Plan (Preferred Options) – spring 2016
Publication of the Submission Local Plan – summer 2016
Submission to Secretary of State – autumn 2016
Examination – early 2017
The Council is currently assessing the information submitted during the Issues and Options consultation and will now develop preferred options (sites that CBC would prefer to see developed) that are based on the evidence base; national planning policy; sustainability appraisals of proposed sites; and consultation responses. The next opportunity for people to comment will be when consulted on the draft Local Plan early next year. At this point residents will be able to see which sites the Council deems suitable for development (hence ‘preferred options’) in our area, if any. Residents and the Parish Council can then either support the proposals or put forward reasons why they believe such development would not be suitable in a specific location.
CBC may well be speaking with Parish Councils during the site appraisal process prior to drafting the Local Plan.
A windswept day with ‘interesting’ weather did not dampen to enthusiasm to enjoy the annual Peldon May Festival. The following pictures were taken on the day.
|Peldon Councillor Nicky Ellis with the Colchester Mayor Sonia Lewis and her escort Keith Lewis
|Youngsters enjoying the new playground
|Mayoral couple with Peldon Councillors Nicky Ellis and Jane Banks and Wigboroughs Councillors Phil Gladwin and
Jinny Gale at the new playground
The Parish Council has now completed its re-furbishment of the play equipment at Moss Haye, Peldon. We would like to say thank you to Barry Gooding for the excellent work he has done to achieve this transformation.