Supporting the local community
News by Subject
Essex-&-Suffolk-Water With thanks to Essex & Suffolk Water for funding support of this website through the Abberton Reservoir Community Fund.

rose lane

PC Minutes 12th July 2016

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 12th July 2016

Present: Bob Holmes (acting chair), Jinny Gale, Nicky Ellis, Netty Knill-Jones, John Walker, Lynne Simmons, Andrew Ellis, Zone Warden, Kevin Bentley

Robert Kean was welcomed and invited to join Continue reading

Share

PC Minutes 8th December 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Website: www.winstred100.org

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th December 2015

Present: Liz Davidson, Jinny Gale, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis and one member of the public

Apologies for absence: Bob Holmes, Nicky Ellis, John Walker, Robert Davidson, Kevin Bentley

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Wardens Report: None received

Borough Councillor: Both pot holes and the dipped road either side of the bridge in Mill Lane will be looked into.  All missing road signs will be followed up yet again.

Public-Have Your Say: None

Declarations of Interest: None

Items for Discussion

1.   Neighbourhood Watch:  Having received a small interest the people concerned will be given the information from the representative who attended our meeting to follow up further if they so wish.

2.   Playgrounds and Playing Fields:  The Community Group has carried out some really excellent clearance work on Moss Hay and will be coming again to finish. Peldon Village Hall is needed for these workers and a charge at normal rate will follow.  The footpath is looking much better as a result and refurbishment is thought not be necessary for the time being. Costing for the renewal of Salcott playground fencing is still being investigated.

3.   Salcott Flooding:  Following much correspondence and a meeting with the Environment Agency they have effectively said there is no problem.  Clearing the creek is the responsibility of neighbouring landowners who must inform the Environment Agency before carrying out any such works. The Parish Council has written to Colchester Borough Council requesting that they take into account our thoughts and concerns on this matter when constructing the new Local Plan. Having brought this to the attention of all appropriate bodies the Parish Council has explored all avenues on this matter and feels that it is unable to do any more at this time.

4.   Total Transport Project/FutureGov:  The Parish Council had previously organized a shopping bus for residents who do not have their own means of transport but this was not sufficiently used. Fortunately some people are frequently helped out by kind hearted neighbours. A scheme providing tokens for taxis for people unable to get to doctors’ appointments etc. used to be available and will be looked into to see if it or something similar is still on-going.

5.   Bus Timetable Changes/Transportation Meeting Representative:  Although the bus timetable alterations and lack of reasonable notification were considered extremely inconvenient for some people the bus companies can and do change them periodically as they feel fit in order to make connections with other routes. Transportation Meetings will continue to be attended by our representative where concerns can be aired.

6.   Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities:  Requirements for the Transparency Code were discussed and some aspects of this are already in place and others will be addressed shortly including that any correspondence, planning notifications or invoices that arrive after the agenda has been published and displayed will not be included until the following month. Also we are waiting for Essex Association of Local Councils to produce their model template for Data Protection.  

7.   Actions and Reminders List – updated and including that the website has suffered problems that are currently being addressed.

Planning Decisions:

152170Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
Refused
152121Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott – Approve conditional
152149Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott – Approve conditional
152302Proposal: Variation of Condition 2 of Planning Permission 150866 in order to add drawing nos. 563-4 and 563-5 and omit drawing nos. GHP/HP/15/01 and GHP/HP/15/02 at Hosplant Ltd. Unit 1 – Approve conditional

Finances:

101855Business Services at CAS Ltd. – Insurance£1,102.31
101856R S Pullen – December salary£375.65
101857Society of Local Council Clerks – annual subs£69.87
101858Peldon PCC – mag entries£250.00
101859Tollesbury PCC – mag entries£70.00
101860Mr B Gooding – play insp£30.00
101861T Simmons – play insp£30.00
101862R Davidson & Son – Moss Hay grass cuts x 8£432.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 12th January 2016 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough

Share

PC Agenda 8th December 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

A meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council will be held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th December 2015

Apologies for absence: Bob Holmes, Nicky Ellis, John Walker, Robert Davidson,

Minutes of the last meeting

Zone Wardens Report

Borough and County Councillors

Public-Have Your Say

Declarations of Interest

Items for Discussion

1.   Neighbourhood Watch

  • To note any interest in setting up a scheme in any of our villages following the request for coordinators?
  • Decision required: Should we take this any further at this time and if so how?

2.   Playgrounds and Playing Fields

  • Reports on both play areas and fields
  • Any work completed or ongoing including Community Group work on Moss Hay
  • Decision required: Is there anything that needs immediate attention?

3.   Salcott Flooding

  • To note any recent correspondence on the matter
  • To note our letter sent to all authoritative personnel at CBC expressing our concerns and requests to be considered in the new CBC Local Plan
  • Decision required: What further action can the PC take at this time?

4.   Total Transport Project/FutureGov

  • Improving transport availability and communication
  • Decision required: Should we engage with them and possibly invite someone to a meeting to discuss our residents travel needs? 

5.   Bus Timetable Changes/Transportation Meeting Representative

  • Discuss lack of notification and changes to Peldon bus service
  • Note our current representative for attendance to meetings
  • Decision required: What action should we take other than attend meetings?

6.   Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities

  • Discuss the new legislation requirements and how we will address them
  •  Decision required: Agree on what is appropriate for us in order to comply fully.

7.   Actions and Reminders List – update

Correspondence:

  • Bradwell Local Community Liaison Council (LCLC) Meetings- Bob will be our representative and attend meetings next year enabling the PC to keep abreast of the situation and our residents informed.

Planning Decisions:

152170 Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
Refused
152121 Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott – Approve conditional

Finances:

101855 Business Services at CAS Ltd. – Insurance£1,102.31
101856 R S Pullen – December salary£375.65
101857 Society of Local Council Clerks – annual subs£69.87

The next meeting will be on Tues 12th January 2016 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough

Share

PC Minutes 13th October 2015

WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL

Peldon   Great Wigborough   Little Wigborough   Salcott   Virley

Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th October 2015

Present: Netty Knill-Jones, John Walker, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Jinny Gale, Liz Davidson, Bob Holmes, Andrew Ellis, Kevin Bentley, Grahame Stehle (Neighbourhood Watch Colchester Coordinator) and 3 members of the public

Apologies for absence: Nicky Ellis, Robert Davidson, Zone Wardens

Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman

Zone Wardens Report: None sent but they will follow up anything that they can deal with for us. They have replaced a broken bin lid at Salcott for which we are very grateful.

Borough Councillor:  A disturbing matter at Virley is being looked into. A planning application will be ‘called in’ to be presented before CBC Planning Committee.

County Councillor: The new ward boundaries will be published on 26th October and elections will take place next May for all Borough Councillors. An application has been submitted to the Local Highways Panel for speed rumble strips to be placed on all 3 roads in Peldon, Lower, Church and St Ives. It was suggested the parish council should reply to the consultation on new Policing expressing our dissatisfaction with certain elements of the new regime following severe cut backs.

Public-Have Your Say: None

Declarations of Interest: Liz Davidson for Item 6.

1.   Neighbourhood Watch – Grahame Stehle gave a very interesting and informative presentation explaining exactly what is involved. The parish council considered such schemes to be a good idea in our villages particularly with the recent local break-ins some have experienced. The next step is to find interested coordinators.

2.   Playgrounds and Playing Fields – Hedge trimming on Moss Hay has taken place and the loose rubber needs addressing when workforce is available. Quotes and funding for refurbishing the footpath are being sought. The Community Group will be contacted again for any suitable work that they can do for us.

3.   Environment Agency Offices – meeting re: Salcott Flooding and following report and subsequent emailing from various sources was discussed. Both Kevin and Andrew will take on certain matters to assist in obtaining some positive action to resolve this on-going problem. All residents are reminded that clearance of boundary ditches, roadside and creek side, are their responsibility and failure to do so can result in prosecution.

4.   S106 Monies and Borough Councillor Fund – new fencing for the Salcott playground will be explored, fitted or not of either wood or galvanized metal.

5.   Public Welcome Sheet – explaining what is requested of the public attending a meeting was decided to be a good idea that we will adopt.

6.   Abberton Reservoir Rights of Way –

Footpath from Peldon to Wigborough; all opportunities for land to be made available for this popular route have been researched (and are still being discussed) currently there is no immediate prospect for this route to go ahead but we agreed that it was still worth pursuing should an opportunity be presented.

The Parish Council are in favour of upgrading the Essex and Suffolk (ESW) permissive footpath between the top of Lodge Lane and the permissive bridleway adjacent to Pete Tye to permissive bridleway to help ensure safety of horses, riders and other road users. There will be expenditure on screening and drainage here that the Parish Council thought are very worthwhile.

The Parish Council agreed that the ESW permissive footpath (and in part cycle way) around the central section of the Reservoir should be  upgraded to allow disabled access but not to a bridleway and that the Rights of Way Committee should buy a four wheel drive electric wheelchair (to be kept and administered by the Wildlife Trust) for use there.

The Parish Council agreed to support the upgrading of the short section of ESW permissive footpath from near Billets Farm to near Gt. Wigborough Church to bridleway as long as issues at the B 1026 end of this regarding site splay and parking can be resolved to the satisfaction of Essex County Council (ECC) Highways.

7.   Actions and Reminders List – updated, to include a request that all residents consider the Essex Rural Strategy Consultation at http://surveys.essexinsight.org.uk?EssexRuralStrategy

Planning Applications:

152170 Proposal: Living room and bedroom extension at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott
152149 Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott
152121 Proposal: Outline application for a proposed 3 bedroom dwelling at site adjacent Peartree Cottage, Rose Lane, Salcott

Planning Decisions:

151503 Proposal: removal on condition 02 of planning permission COL/102275/FUL to allow the building to be used as a B1, B2 & B8 at Pantiles Farm, Peldon Road, Abberton – Approve conditional
151650 Proposal: New roof structure, cladding and works at Waterways, Mersea Road, Peldon – Approve conditional
151607 Proposal: Gable roof to right hand projection to create a balanced shape and form to the overall dwelling at Fourways Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Approve conditional

Finances:

101847 R S Pullen – October salary£375.65
101848Mr B Gooding – play insp£30.00
101849 R J Playle Services – hedge and verge cut on Moss Hay£180.00
101850 Peldon Village Hall – hire£80.00
101851 T Simmons – play insp and grass cut£75.00

The next meeting will be on Tues 10th November 2015 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall

Share