Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th September 2018
Present: Liz Davidson, Netty Knill-Jones, Clare Lauwerys, Jinny Gale, Phil Gladwin (chair), David Taylor, Wendy Ritherdon, Robert Kean
The chairman welcomed our new parish councillors who were duly co-opted onto the Parish Council and completed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms. The completed Register of Members’ Interests forms will be sent to CBC in due course.
The chairman expressed the parish council’s sincere sympathy to the Simmons family for their sad loss. He also spoke of all the work both Lynne and Terry have carried out for the parish council and in particular the residents of Salcott and Virley for many years. Continue reading
WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 9th September 2014
Present: John Walker, Nicky Ellis, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Charles Dymond (chair), Jinny Gale, Netty Knill-Jones, Bob Holmes, Rob Surface, Andrew Ellis, Laura Chase CBC Planning Policy Officer, and 3 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police and Zone Warden Reports – None received
Borough and County Councillors: Highways issues at Salcott are being addressed. There was a request that signage for the recently closed Birch Tearoom should be taken down which will be followed up.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: Lynne for item 3.
1. Reviewing Colchester Borough Council Local Plan – Laura Chase gave us a very informative and useful presentation and questions were answered. There will be various stages in developing the CBC Local Plan which will be adopted in 2017. Our Village Design Statement and Parish Plan will be reviewed as we had planned but construction of the new Neighbourhood Plan is not considered to be appropriate for us as this is a document to complete when substantial development is required.
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – Salcott is in good order and the playground perimeter fence has been repaired and painted. Peldon is receiving attention with the rubber chippings being placed in the playground in a couple of weeks when equipment and manpower will be available including a work-party yet to be appointed. Wire to prevent birds landing above the swings is being erected and signage for the new pieces of equipment on the field are being made and will be erected including a plaque from Cory Environmental Trust who has given us a substantial grant for this equipment. More hedge trimming is to take place on Moss Hay when a date can be arranged with the volunteer group.
3. Salcott Telephone Box – Following more discussions it was agreed to make further enquiries about lighting and insurance but keeping an open mind as to our final decision as to the future of the box.
4. Email Protocol – It was agreed to add to our email protocol list of dos and don’ts that the emails requiring an answer should be done so within 48 hours, with holidays or illness etc. taken into account.
5. Salcott Trees – Phil proposed, Nicky seconded and all agreed for the lowest of three quotes to be accepted for trimming the trees alongside the playground and adjacent property. All three professional contractors gave a verbal opinion that the Chestnut trees along the road edge did not need immediate attention at this time but of course they will be monitored periodically.
6. Abberton Reservoir Community Fund, Rights of Way Meeting – a prepared map, etc for the footpath was distributed to all and Phil proposed, Charles seconded and all agree to adopt John’s carefully considered plans. The parish council gave Phil a mandate to take to the Community Fund meeting to agree that the remaining funds are allocated to Layer de la Haye Church for improvements and that any money not spent at the at the end of the given time should be allocated to the church up to the amount they have requested.
7. CALC Meeting – was not attended but the minutes will be received and circulated shortly.
8. Broadband Update – Salcott launch event has been put on hold and further coverage for parts of our villages is still to be developed.
9. Actions and Reminders List – update and to include that the Peldon noticeboard catches are made easier to open.
|145564||Proposal: Single storey rear extension at Nest Cottage, Colchester Road, Great Wigborough|
|132631||Proposal: Demolition of existing village hall and erection of 2 no. 3 bedroom dwellings at Great Wigborough Village Hall||Approve conditional|
|145283||Proposal: Extension to rear of bungalow incorporating internal alterations at 14 Newpots Close, Peldon||Approve Conditional|
|144754||Proposal: Change of roof design to match with existing side ridge levels at The Hollies, School Lane, Great Wigborough||Approve Conditional|
|101781||EWD – rubber for Peldon playground||£2,040.00|
|101782||Business Services at CAS – insurance for new equipment||£85.71|
|101783||R S Pullen – salary for Aug and Sept||£735.14|
|101784||R J Playle Services – cut hedge at Moss Hay||£180.00|
|101785||Peldon Village Hall – hire||£80.00|
|101786||EALC – course||£67.00|
|101787||County Broadband – VAT||£6,666.67|
|101788||T Simmons – play insp x 2, grass cuts x 4, fence, life ring||£599.87|
The next meeting will be on Tues 14th Oct 2014 at 7.30pm at Peldon Village Hall