WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th November 2014
Present: John Walker, Netty Knill-Jones, Lynne Simmons, Phil Gladwin, Charles Dymond (chair), Jinny Gale, Bob Holmes, Rob Surface, Kevin Bentley and 4 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Nicky Ellis, Andrew Ellis, Robert Davidson
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police Report – received covering all Colchester
Zone Wardens Report – none received
Public-Have Your Say – Speeding along Lower Road in Peldon was discussed further and statistics have been collected emphasising this matter. The speed camera has been in operation but although this may deter some drivers it does not entirely solve the problem.
Borough and County Councillors: ECC will be approached to ask what options are available in an attempt to reducing the speeding in Peldon (as above). Salcott issues regarding signs are being addressed and further missing signs in Great Wigborough will be chased up plus the request to remove a brown sign as it not relevant any longer. A ditch along Maldon Road where vehicles can drop into easily will be reported for assessing for possible solutions and likewise a section of Mersea Road in Peldon. We are encouraged to have our say for the second consultation on the draft recommendations for the Electoral Boundaries. We will repeat our request that all the villages of Winstred Hundred are in the same ward and not split as they are now.
Declarations of Interest: None
1. Speeding matters – as above at Public and County Councillor
2. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – are in good order and the Community Working Group has been approached requesting them to install the rubber surface at Moss Hay playground, hedge trimming work and removal of plastic collars on trees on Pete Tye Common and possibly ditch clearance work. Signage for the new equipment on Moss Hay will be made and erected shortly and we expressed our thanks to Robert Kean for fitting bird prevention wire above the swings. Phil proposed, Bob seconded and all agreed for Terry to purchase the baby seat and bolts and install at Salcott playground.
3. Salcott Telephone Box – lighting has been installed enabling the box to be insured which will be done shortly.
4. Parish Council Thank You Letters – Names were suggested and letters will be sent in due course to those who are greatly appreciated for their voluntary contribution to the community.
5. Peldon Bus Stops/Shelter/Curbs – following a site meeting Peldon councilors would value a site meeting with the ECC Passenger Transport Manager to explain their concerns and requests for all the bus stops in Peldon which will be arranged if possible.
6. Abberton Reservoir – the Community Fund is now spent and there will be an open event at Peldon Village Hall in February 2015 for the public to view and discuss the proposed Rights of Way.
7. Broadband – Salcott launch event is now postponed until mid to late January next year due to other pressing commitments.
8. Actions and Reminders List – updated
|101797||Greener than Green – Salcott playground trees||£250.00|
|101798||Mr B Gooding – play insp||£30.00|
|101799||R S Pullen – expenses (phone, paper, ink, etc.)||£254.20|
|101800||R S Pullen – November salary||£367.57|
|101801||T Simmons – play insp, paint bus shelter, light phone box||£83.63|
The next meeting will be on Tues 9th Dec 2014 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough