WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th July 2014.
Present: Bob Holmes, Jinny Gale, Charles Dymond (chair), Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis and 6 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Rob Surface, Nicky Ellis, John Walker, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police and Zone Wardens reports: None received
County Councillor report was circulated including costings for highways matters and the poor grass cutting and broken drain at the Salcott crossroads are being investigated.
Borough Councillor: Police and Animal Control have been involved in the matter of the nuisance dogs in Mill Lane. Parking on the corner of The Street and Mill Lane, obscuring the site line and often on the pavement, is being monitored and reported to the Police for further investigation. The proposed Solar Park agents are now in correspondence with Maldon DC having moved their favourable site slightly and we will be kept informed of further developments. There will be more houses built in the Colchester area each year for the foreseeable future. Loose stones from the road surfacing are a problem but have been cleared in some areas.
Public-Have Your Say: The dogs and parking were the issues of importance.
Declarations of Interest: Lynne for Item 5.
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – having inspected on site the surrounding fence of the Salcott play area it was decided that the repairs should consist of an insertion of gravel boards and the fence painted. When a quote has been produced and received via email that all the parish councillors give the go ahead to Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed for this to be carried out reasonably soon, bearing in mind that we do not have an August meeting. CBC Arboricultural Officer will be contacted for professional advice on the condition of the trees bounding the road edge of Salcott meadow and therefore work, if any, that needs doing to them to. At Moss Hay, Peldon the new rubber surfacing for the play area has been delivered and the two new pieces of equipment have been installed. Signs will be made and fitted to advise suitability of age and a request for responsible usage for the new equipment and a maintenance programme will be produced. Charles proposed, Phil seconded and all agreed for the overhang on Moss Hay to be cut back by a local worker at a cost of £160. A kind offer will be accepted for a solution to reduce the bird droppings on the swings.
2. LGBC Warding – Colchester Electoral Review – It was agreed that the parish council should suggest a change of the present boundaries to include all our villages in the same ward as opposed to two different ones as it is now.
3. Our Standing Orders and Code of Conduct – updates are being considered
4. Pete Tye Common Footpaths – the land owner will be contacted to request clearance of the public footpaths
5. Salcott Telephone Box – the authority to sign the agreement on behalf of the parish council before the next meeting was delegated to the clerk if an agreement satisfactory to both parties could be reached quickly.
6. Broadband Update – it is suggested that Great Wigborough will be up and running in the near future
7. Pensions – LGPS – Employer Discretions – further investigation will take place but it would appear this is not applicable to us
8. Transportation Meeting Report – was attended but the majority of the concerns were about matters in Colchester
9. CALC Meeting – 4th September 2014 – will be attended if someone is available
10. Actions and Reminder List – updated – with additions of Phil proposed, Netty seconded and all agreed for the bus shelter at Mill Lane to be smartened up for a minimal cost. Layer Church will be applying to the Abberton Reservoir Fund (there is very little funding left) which will require a decision during the holidays so the parish council will again rely on Phil to use his judgment on the matter.
|145158||Proposal: Two storey rear extension at South View, Mersea Road, Peldon|
|144811||Proposal: Detached double garage at Long acre, School Lane, Great Wigborough||Refuse|
|144847||Proposal: Single storey dependent relative annex and structural support to existing dwelling (resubmission of 130557) at Lovedowns Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott||Approve Conditional|
|144849||Proposal: Lawful Development Certificate for existing use of dwelling with agricultural occupancy condition as ordinary residential use at Firs Cottage, Mersea Road, Peldon||Approve Certificate of Lawful Use or Development|
|144792||Proposal: Application for a variation of a condition 2 (approved drawings) following grant of planning permission. (120074) at Thornfleet, Church Road, Peldon||Approve Conditional|
|144754||Proposal: Change of roof design to match with the existing side ridge levels at The Hollies, School Lane, Great Wigborough||Approve Conditional|
|101776||Business Services at CAS – new equipment on insurance||£166.36|
|101777||Wicksteed Leisure Ltd. – new equipment on Moss Hay||£20,400.00|
|101778||R S Pullen – clerk’s salary for July||£367.57|
|101779||C Dymond – keys for Moss Hay||£12.00|
|101780||T Simmons – play insp, grass cut and phone box door/frame repair||£325.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 9th September 2014 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough
WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Peldon Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 10th June 2014
Present: Charles Dymond, Jinny Gale, John Walker, Rob Surface, Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Bob Holmes, Nicky Ellis, Andrew Ellis, 7 members of the public and Robert Davidson came later on.
Apologies for absence: Kevin Bentley
The Annual Parish Assembly
MP Report: A report from Priti Patel MP was circulated.
Zone Wardens or Police Report: None received
Chairman’s report: A summary of the report was read giving thanks to many and stating our achievements throughout the year, particularly the broadband project and new grant funded play equipment at Peldon. Numerous planning applications have been considered and commented on and many meetings of other groups and bodies have been attended. The team have continually reported on various highways issues including flooding potholes, speeding etc, keeping our residents informed and dealing with any queries they have had on any matter. The report will be on our website in its entirety.
Public: Concern was expressed that a hedge should remain in place where the new houses are being built in Peldon. Also it was confirmed that there will be only one entrance to the houses from Lower Road. A complaint raised about inconsiderate garden fires in Church Road will be followed up with CBC Environmental Team. Overhang on a footpath in Peldon will also be dealt with. Concern was expressed about the overgrown verges particularly at junctions which is being chased up for a date when these will be trimmed back.
Parish Council AGM
Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed for Charles to be chairman for the next two years, he then took the chair for the remainder of the meeting and gave thanks and appreciation to Nicky for her term as chair and hoped he could follow her excellent example.
Nicky proposed, Netty seconded and all agreed for Lynne to be vice-chairman for the next two years.
Jinny proposed, Phil seconded and all agreed for the clerk to continue as Financial and Responsible Officer.
Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed for John Walker to be co-opted on to the parish council for Salcott.
Rob and Bob were both welcomed on to the parish council and thanks were given to Jane and Andy for their terms of office.
All Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms were duly completed and Notice of Registerable Interests forms given out.
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman.
Borough Councillors: Having lost an appeal the storage of items on land adjacent to Rowses Farm is to be removed immediately or if not removed it is hoped for a prosecution. The agents for the proposed solar park are now considering a slightly different location site. Potholes and repairs are steadily being done with an increased number of work gangs with priority routes completed first followed by smaller ones. Jet patching is used sometimes with generally good results. A section of the B1022 will be closed for 5 weeks due to repairing of collapsed drains, and traffic will be diverted accordingly.
Declarations of Interest: Lynne for item 5. Salcott telephone box
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – repairs needed at the Salcott playground have now been completed. The Peldon site will be brought up to date shortly including addressing problems of bird droppings on the swing seats and weeds. Phil proposed, Bob seconded and all agreed to add £200 from parish council funds to the grant we have secured for the rubber chippings for the Peldon playground surface.
2. Email protocol – our list of dos and don’ts when emailing was agreed to be current and still appropriate.
3. Our Standing Orders and Code of Conduct – an updated version will be circulated in due course.
4. Horse riding on Pete Tye Common – following complaints about horse riders making deep ruts along the footpaths a discussion followed and it was agreed that walkers and horse riders have used this common successfully together for many years therefore a suggestion of strimming a wider footpath was thought to be a good plan of action at this time.
5. Salcott Telephone Box – the offer from Mr and Mrs Simmons to maintain the phone box was accepted and a formal agreement will be drawn up.
6. Actions and Reminder List – updated
7. Broadband – The Wigboroughs should be up and running by the end of July and there will be a launch event for Salcott and Layer Breton in September.
8. Local Government Boundary Commission – Colchester Electoral Review www.lgbce.org.uk asks for ideas and suggestions supported by logical reasoning for boundary changes, the website has an interactive map for use. This consultation period ends on 4th August 2014.
|144811||Proposal: Detached double garage at Longacres, School Lane, Great Wigborough|
|144792||Proposal: Variation of a condition 2 (approved drawings) following grant of planning permission (120074) at Thornfleet, Church Road, Peldon|
|144847||Proposal: Single storey dependent relative annexe and structural support to existing dwelling (resubmission 130557) at Lovedowns Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott|
|144849||Lawful development certificate for existing use of dwelling with agricultural occupancy condition as ordinary residential use at Firs Cottage, Mersea Road, Peldon|
|144754||Proposal: Change of roof design to match with the existing side ridge levels at Hollies, School Lane, Great Wigborough|
|144885||Proposal: For prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed steel portal frame building for machinery and crop at Sampsons Farm, Sampsons Lane, Peldon|
|142473||Proposal: Listed building application for various internal and external alterations at Peldon Rose<||Approve conditional|
|143677||Proposal: Erection of single storey rear conservatory extension at Ashleigh, Lower Road, Peldon||Approve conditional|
|144576||Proposal: Demolish existing garage and erection of new detached garage/carport and alteration to bedroom 1 providing sliding patio door and Juliette balcony at Whitethorns, Mersea Road, Peldon||Approve conditional|
|144885||as above||Prior Approval Required (Approved)|
|101770||Salcott PCC – churchyard upkeep||£200.00|
|101771||Great and Little Wigborough PCC – churchyards upkeep||£400.00|
|101772||Peldon PCC – churchyard upkeep||£200.00|
|101773||R S Pullen – clerk’s salary for June||£367.57|
|101774||EALC – Councillor Training days x 4||£268.00|
|101775||T Simmons – play insp and repairs, grass and hedge cuts, noticeboard||£313.75|
The next meeting will be on Tues 8th July 2014 at 7.30pm at Salcott Village Hall