WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th July 2014.
Present: Bob Holmes, Jinny Gale, Charles Dymond (chair), Phil Gladwin, Lynne Simmons, Netty Knill-Jones, Andrew Ellis and 6 members of the public
Apologies for absence: Rob Surface, Nicky Ellis, John Walker, Kevin Bentley
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Police and Zone Wardens reports: None received
County Councillor report was circulated including costings for highways matters and the poor grass cutting and broken drain at the Salcott crossroads are being investigated.
Borough Councillor: Police and Animal Control have been involved in the matter of the nuisance dogs in Mill Lane. Parking on the corner of The Street and Mill Lane, obscuring the site line and often on the pavement, is being monitored and reported to the Police for further investigation. The proposed Solar Park agents are now in correspondence with Maldon DC having moved their favourable site slightly and we will be kept informed of further developments. There will be more houses built in the Colchester area each year for the foreseeable future. Loose stones from the road surfacing are a problem but have been cleared in some areas.
Public-Have Your Say: The dogs and parking were the issues of importance.
Declarations of Interest: Lynne for Item 5.
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields – having inspected on site the surrounding fence of the Salcott play area it was decided that the repairs should consist of an insertion of gravel boards and the fence painted. When a quote has been produced and received via email that all the parish councillors give the go ahead to Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed for this to be carried out reasonably soon, bearing in mind that we do not have an August meeting. CBC Arboricultural Officer will be contacted for professional advice on the condition of the trees bounding the road edge of Salcott meadow and therefore work, if any, that needs doing to them to. At Moss Hay, Peldon the new rubber surfacing for the play area has been delivered and the two new pieces of equipment have been installed. Signs will be made and fitted to advise suitability of age and a request for responsible usage for the new equipment and a maintenance programme will be produced. Charles proposed, Phil seconded and all agreed for the overhang on Moss Hay to be cut back by a local worker at a cost of £160. A kind offer will be accepted for a solution to reduce the bird droppings on the swings.
2. LGBC Warding – Colchester Electoral Review – It was agreed that the parish council should suggest a change of the present boundaries to include all our villages in the same ward as opposed to two different ones as it is now.
3. Our Standing Orders and Code of Conduct – updates are being considered
4. Pete Tye Common Footpaths – the land owner will be contacted to request clearance of the public footpaths
5. Salcott Telephone Box – the authority to sign the agreement on behalf of the parish council before the next meeting was delegated to the clerk if an agreement satisfactory to both parties could be reached quickly.
6. Broadband Update – it is suggested that Great Wigborough will be up and running in the near future
7. Pensions – LGPS – Employer Discretions – further investigation will take place but it would appear this is not applicable to us
8. Transportation Meeting Report – was attended but the majority of the concerns were about matters in Colchester
9. CALC Meeting – 4th September 2014 – will be attended if someone is available
10. Actions and Reminder List – updated – with additions of Phil proposed, Netty seconded and all agreed for the bus shelter at Mill Lane to be smartened up for a minimal cost. Layer Church will be applying to the Abberton Reservoir Fund (there is very little funding left) which will require a decision during the holidays so the parish council will again rely on Phil to use his judgment on the matter.
|145158||Proposal: Two storey rear extension at South View, Mersea Road, Peldon|
|144811||Proposal: Detached double garage at Long acre, School Lane, Great Wigborough||Refuse|
|144847||Proposal: Single storey dependent relative annex and structural support to existing dwelling (resubmission of 130557) at Lovedowns Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott||Approve Conditional|
|144849||Proposal: Lawful Development Certificate for existing use of dwelling with agricultural occupancy condition as ordinary residential use at Firs Cottage, Mersea Road, Peldon||Approve Certificate of Lawful Use or Development|
|144792||Proposal: Application for a variation of a condition 2 (approved drawings) following grant of planning permission. (120074) at Thornfleet, Church Road, Peldon||Approve Conditional|
|144754||Proposal: Change of roof design to match with the existing side ridge levels at The Hollies, School Lane, Great Wigborough||Approve Conditional|
|101776||Business Services at CAS – new equipment on insurance||£166.36|
|101777||Wicksteed Leisure Ltd. – new equipment on Moss Hay||£20,400.00|
|101778||R S Pullen – clerk’s salary for July||£367.57|
|101779||C Dymond – keys for Moss Hay||£12.00|
|101780||T Simmons – play insp, grass cut and phone box door/frame repair||£325.00|
The next meeting will be on Tues 9th September 2014 at 7.30pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough