WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
Draft minutes of the meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council held at Salcott Village Hall at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 14th January 2020
Present: Liz Davidson, Clare Lauwerys, Jinny Gale, Robert Kean (Chair), John Walker, Wendy Ritherdon, Netty Knill-Jones, Phil Gladwin, Kevin Bentley
Apologies for absence: Dave Taylor, Robert Davidson
Minutes of the last meeting were agreed by all and signed by the chairman
Zone Warden Report: No issues have been reported
Borough Councillor Report: Owing to endless rain there has been flooding and subsequent damage to roads. Maldon Road in particular is suffering from fallen road sides in places and the usual pot holes all of which are being addressed as soon as is possible. There will hopefully be more money for highways from the Government Budget which is due out shortly. The bus consultation is still going on.
CBC Local Plan is with the inspectors and it is hoped the decision will be out at the end of Feb or beginning of March.
Two flooding matters were raised for reporting, at the end of The Street, Salcott and an area on Mersea Road, Peldon.
Public-Have Your Say: None
Declarations of Interest: None
- Playgrounds and Playing Fields are in good order with a couple of repairs at Moss Hay to be addressed in due course. The Community Workers continue carry out good work for us mostly grass and hedge cutting. A footpath may be tackled but ECC Footpaths have it on their schedule for clearing in spring.
- Precept/Grant 2020/2021: the finances this year and budget for the forthcoming year were discussed and taking note of the fact that CBC Revenue and LCTS Grants have remained the same as last year Phil proposed, Jinny seconded and all agreed to keep our precept at the same level to enable us to maintain the same quality of repairs and maintenance, hedge and grass cutting, replacement items, etc.
- Salcott Telephone Box: The final draft of the leaflet for distribution was agreed and will be printed shortly. If the favoured choice is to move the box to Salcott meadow for a book swap and information hub is was agreed that the best place for it would be next to the village hall path therefore the management committee will be consulted for their permission. Also, Borough Councillor Locality Budget will be applied for to help pay for this project.
- S106 Funds were discussed noting that this system has changed and anyway no project at this time was thought appropriate for the money at present.
- Peldon Village Competition winnings: the parish council agreed to the proposal of fixing a memorial plaque to the village sign, with the mention of desirable screw fixing type.
- Tree Warden: CBC Arboricultural Officer approached the parish council to enquire if anyone interested in being a Tree Wardens with a view to planting on parish council land and possibly helping with the Colchester Woodland project. It was agreed that the land owned by the parish council was not suitable now as space is limited but that we would advertise for anyone with a keen interest in trees to liaise with CBC and the parish council for all tree related matters in and around the villages and possibly to assist with the Woodland Project.
- Village Design Statement was considered for an update to the new Neighbourhood Plan but it was agreed that this procedure is far too lengthy and costly and not needed at all for us as advised by a senior CBC Planner unless a substantial development was being considered for one or other of our villages which it is not.
- Actions and Reminder List – updated
- Vote of No Confidence in the Chairman was proposed, seconded and voted unanimously except one (the chairman himself) therefore the motion was carried to agree a vote of no confidence in the chairman by the parish council.
- Consultation – Strengthening Police Powers to tackle unauthorised encampments – Parish Council responses by 19th Feb2020.
|193057 ||Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage, amended scheme previously approved 182272 at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott|
|192696||Proposal: Amendments to the internal layout and fenestration further to approvals 190708 and 190793 at Malting Cottage, Malting Road, Peldon – Approve conditional|
|192645 ||Proposal: Conversion of garage to annexe, retrospective at Beckton House Farm, Barnhall Road, Salcott – Refused|
|102054 ||Information Commissioner – Data Protection||£40.00|
|102055 ||T Newman – Peldon playground inspections and repairs||£150.00|
|102056||Peldon & Wigs Community Hall – hire||£20.00|
|102057 ||St. Mary’s the Virgin, Peldon – magazine entries||£180.00|
|102058 ||David J Kingaby – website maintenance||£170.28|
|102059 ||R Davidson & Son – Moss Hay grass cuts||£576.00|
|102060 ||R S Pullen – Clerk’s January salary||£455.14|
|102061 ||Salcott Village Hall – hire||£90.00|
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 11th February 2020 at 7.30 pm at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough