WINSTRED HUNDRED PARISH COUNCIL
Peldon Great Wigborough Little Wigborough Salcott Virley
A meeting of Winstred Hundred Parish Council will be held at Abbotts Hall Farm, Great Wigborough at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 10th March 2020 to which the Councillors are summoned to attend.
Apologies for absence:
Minutes of the last meeting:
Zone Warden Report:
County and Borough Councillor Reports:
Public-Have Your Say:
Declarations of Interest:
Items for Discussion
1. Playgrounds and Playing Fields
- Reports on both playgrounds and fields and any work completed
- Discuss other further work and any quotes, multi-frame legs, fence, etc?
- To note that a overgrown tree on Moss Hay has been dealt with accordingly.
- To observe quotes received for grass cutting at Moss Hay.
- Community Working Group activities to date.
- Decision required: Any matters that require immediate attention?
- Decision required: Should we accept one of the grass cutting quotes?
2. Flooding at Salcott
- To discuss recent flooding, particularly at the crossroads, during this very wet spell. ECC Highways and Priti Patel have been written to by a resident.
- Decision required: Is there anything we can do to help the situation?
3. Salcott & Virley Telephone Box
- Following the leaflet distribution to all residents asking for their preference for the future of this box, the final results have been counted and a decision will be made.
- Decision required: What plans and action will take place now?
4. Great Wigborough Bus Shelter
- This is receiving minor roof repairs. Weather being as it is immediate repairs were essential therefore a local workman was sought who was available to carry out this emergency job straight away.
5. CBC Free Tree Give-away and Woodland Project
- The Parish Council is taking part in these initiatives and 50 trees have been collected and will be planted in due course at a farm in Great Wigborough thanks to a Wigboroughs parish councillor.
Great British Spring Clean & New Bin
- This year’s event is running from 20th March to 13th April and any residents are welcome to organize a litter pick which can be assisted by CBC with equipment and assistance.
- The new bin has been installed at the junction of Lodge Lane and Malting Road and has been paid for by Borough Councillor Locality Budget for which we are very grateful. It will be emptied voluntarily by a resident, for which we are also very grateful, instead of the parish council having to pay CBC to empty it. This bin is for ALL rubbish including dog poo bags so it is hoped that dog walkers will use it instead of throwing their bags into hedges and fields as they walk along Lodge Lane which has been happening.
6. Actions and Reminder List – update
- Email about Salcott crossroads flooding (item 2)
- Email about land in Great Wigborough
- Email concerning road surface damaged by workmen
- Email re unsafe coming out of School Lane both ends
|200302 ||Proposal: Class PA light industrial to dwelling house at Pantiles, Peldon Road, Abberton|
|193057 ||Proposal: Erection of single dwelling and garage. Amended scheme previously approved under 182272 at Green Farm, The Street, Salcott|
|193124 ||Proposal: Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval 162818 (appearance, landscaping, scale) at Pantiles, Peldon Road, Abberton – Approve conditional|
|102067 ||Wicksteed Leisure Ltd. – zip wire seat||£85.56|
|102068 ||WM Tree Services Ltd. – trim up shrubs on Moss Hay||£120.00|
|102069 ||R S Pullen – Clerk’s salary – March||£455.14|
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 14th April 2020 at 7.30 pm at Salcott Village Hall